cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber only chat can't call

rajesh.kumar
Level 4
Level 4

We have CUPS 8.6.3.10000 and CUCM 8.6 is on production.

Configured Cisco Jabber 9.0.1  for windows and able to login to Jabber.

Integrated with LDAP, CTI Gw, CCMIP, CFS all are created.

Problem I am facing in Jabber is for any user under communication i can see only "Chat"

I cant call or I cant make any video call.

I have configured Jabber same as how we configure CUPC

Pls. suggest

14 Replies 14

rajesh.kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I dont get video option in Jabber.

I believe, File>Option and Video, I dont get this option.

Any one aware how to make video call through jabber?

One Jabber client if with VT Advt. and other Jabber client with 9971 Phone.

Want to establish video call through jabber.

I dont see any option avaible in Jabber while selecting that user whose phone has already video capable.

Rgds

Rajesh

In the Jabber client, go to File-->Options-->Phone Accounts. Is the Username Password populated under "Phone Services"?

Hi

I have entered user/pass under

go to File-->Options-->Phone Accounts

I got video option, after I choose "Use my computer for Calls"

I have users listed in my contact list. In CUPC roght click contact we can call.

But in Jabber, can we call by right click contact? I am getting only "Chat" option.

Also on top menu, under "Communcation" I see only "Chat" option available.

Rgds

Rajesh

Hi All

I have exactly the same issue with CUPS 8.6.3, CUCM 8.6.2 and Jabber 9.0.3, works fine in CUPC 8.6.1 but I dont get the Call option when I right click on a contact.

Any idea?

Regards

Nick

adamW
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am having the exact same issue.  When we used CUPC, we were able to call other CUPC users by right-clicking their name.  However, in Jabber, we can only chat.  "Call" is no longer an option.  One thing I did notice is that everyones profile doesn't have their phone number or extension listed.  Could this be the issue?  If so, how do I get their extension to attach to their profile?  I have tried looking through all the options on the Administrator web console, but have had no luck.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

Do you have the directory working, if you do have it working with either EDI or UDS and you add the contacts is CUPC and now you have logged into Jabber try deleting the contacts and re adding them to the client.

If your directory is not working then you must get this working before the Call option will appear, Jabber will use EDI by default so depending on your requirements you may need to change to UDS to get this to work.

Regards

Nick

Thank you for the reply Nick.  However, I can't find where you are talking about in the Administration Console.  Right now everything is integrated with LDAP, which has everyone's extension tied to their account.  Is this what you are referring to?  I can't find anything about EDI or UDS.  Also, I tried deleting and readding them on my client, but it didn't help.  The "Call" feature is totally unavailable.  It's not even greyed out.  It just doesn't show up at all.

Directory integration is discussed in the jabber config guide

Directory Integration In On-Premises  Deployments

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg_chapter_01010.html#JABW_RF_DA33729C_00

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thank you for the information.  It got me going in the direction I needed to be going.  Although, I think I've found my problem.  I said earlier that users profiles don't list their extensions that are tied to their accounts in LDAP.  However, that isn't entirely true, and I do apologize.

I just realized that some users profiles do have their phone numbers.  It's just pulling from the wrong field in LDAP.  So, I found where to change it (CUP Admin>Application>CUPC>Settings).  In there I changed the "PrimaryPhoneNumber" to pull from the "ipPhone" field in LDAP instead of pulling from "telephoneNumber".  I went back into the CUCM Admin console and synced everything, but it's still listing the old phone number.  I deleted and readded the contact, but no luck.  Does it just take a while to sync, or am I way off track here?

Again, thanks for all of the help.

-Adam

Looks like if I just put their extension in that field in LDAP, it displays in their profile in Jabber and the call feature works.  Not really ideal, as I want it to pull from the field I specify, but you can't have your cake and eat it to I guess.

jabber-config.xml file required to be uploaded into CUPS.

This will resolve the issue.

Rgds

Rajesh Kumar

Where to upload? Please explain.

To the TFTP, if you review the J4W configuration guide, it's all explained there.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

rajesh.kumar wrote:

jabber-config.xml file required to be uploaded into CUPS.

This will resolve the issue.

I think, you have to upload the file into the CUCM´s TFTP. Because CUPS havn´t an TFTP-Server. This was the solution for me! Maybe also for others. Wireshark dont lie ;-)

A very good tool to create an jabber-config.xml file is https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-25778

Thx for reply

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: