Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Softphone not working

Hi

The softphone is not working for cisco jabber windows

Attached is the logs

CUCM AND CUPS version 9.x

I found the below but is not clear to me what is the issue

2013-10-10 12:53:42,577 DEBUG [0x00001360] [tionplugin\StatusBarPhoneButton.cpp(127)] [plugin-runtime] [OnCanSelectDeskphone] - enabling deskphone menu items

2013-10-10 12:53:42,577 DEBUG [0x000011a8] [src\config\TftpHelper.cpp(114)] [csf.ecc] [ecc::TftpHelper::doRetrieveFile] - Received error: eFileNotFound downloading file using HTTP from 'http://10.255.0.11:6970/CTLSEPCSFKIKACHRISTOU.tlv', not trying TFTP following an explicit HTTP "not found" error.

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""
21 Replies 21

Hi

Do you have any idea about thi issue?

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Have you created a jabber-config.xml file and uploaded to your tftp servers?

Cheers

Ben

Please rate if this post is useful

Hi Morgan. Is it really necessary to create jabber-config.xml on IM-P 9.x ? Asked 'cause i've implemented it without including this file.

If some jabber users are not into the domain then its neccesary the xml file ...

If is not appear into the jabber the config for the phone services then its good upload the xml file

And general if you want some extra features then the xml file is your way

Otherwise is not neccesary

Please rate all useful posts 

Regards
Chrysostomos

""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Can you describe what is not working? Can you loggin to Jabber? Does it register? What is the actual problem

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi

Everything working ok except the softphone.We can login to the jabber , we can control the deskphone , chat, etc BUT the softphone(CSF) profile does not register into cucm

The xml file has been uploaded to cucms

Regards
Chrysostomos

What is the username of the user in this log?

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

username: KIKACHRISTOU

Regards
Chrysostomos

Chrys,

Do you have owner user id set on the CSF?

Do you have the primary DN set for the user on the user management page?

yes for all

Regards
Chrysostomos

""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""Yes for all

Can you collect the cucm tftp logs and attach here

mflavio
Level 1
Level 1

Chrysostomos, take a look at the following guide. I have used it as a base to configure CSF and Im-p server:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/CVD/Aug2013/CVD-OnPremisesIMUsingCiscoJabberDesignGuide-AUG13.pdf

Hope it helps.

Hi Chrysostomos,

I assumes your device name is CSFKIKACHRISTOU

You have added an ower id t the Device

You have allowed CTI Control for the device

You have associated the device to your user in End User Page under Device association.

Your user has is a member of both Standard CCM End Users and Standard CTI Enabled groups.

Now if you are using as softphone, the jabber client retrieves the TFTP server IP Addresses from IMP. Once it has the address, the client download the CSF config file direct from the TFTP Server.

Have you configured the TFTP Servers in IMP?

Application->Legacy Clients->Settings --- specify primary and backup tftp servers.

Exit from Jabber completely and re-login.

See how that goes.

Ben

Please rate useful posts

Hi

Yes everything are configured correctly

From the tftp logs its seems that its looking for a ctl file

Do you know what i have to do about that?

I have attached the tftp logs

Regards
Chrysostomos