cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Key Expansion Module supports CUCME?

kidatsuda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

We have Cisco IP phones model: 8961 with Key Expansion Module.

Phones powered by POE may therefore Key Expansion Module not working (If i buy 48V DC, 5W per KEM power adapter maybe its working).

We have CUCME but in documentation :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-color-key-expansion-module/data_sheet_c78-565427.html

Call-control compatibility :

Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.1(3) and later; Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) 7.1 (Cisco IOS® Software Release 12.4(24)T) and later

Its mean CUCME is not supported for Key Expansion Module???

Anybody know about CUCME and Key Expansion Module for 8961?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

upgrade to ios 

System image file is "flash:c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M8.bin"

and you will get CME 8.6

2921#sh telephony-service 
CONFIG (Version=8.6)
=====================
Version 8.6

View solution in original post

Stefan Walter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I remember that 8961 with Key Expansion Module is only supported in version 9.X and later in cme.

Please rate

Thanks,

Stefan

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Tagir Temirgaliyev
Spotlight
Spotlight

what is your router? can you upgrade ios to latest?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11586586/latest-supported-ios-cisco-2811

latest ios for 2811

Before the IOS 15.x?

12.4T(24)

Alessio

Cisco IOS Software, C2900 Software (C2900-UNIVERSALK9_NPE-M), Version 15.3(3)M, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

upgrade to ios 

System image file is "flash:c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M8.bin"

and you will get CME 8.6

2921#sh telephony-service 
CONFIG (Version=8.6)
=====================
Version 8.6

Does your network switch support 802.3AT power over Ethernet?   If not you will require external power for the key expansion module.  Please see the link below.  I gleamed this from the link

Power Requirements

If the Cisco Unified IP Color Key Expansion Module is connected to a Cisco Unified IP Phone that uses 802.3AT power, a local power supply is not required. If the phone uses 802.3AF power, you must connect a power cube to it for it to supply power for all connected key expansion modules. If the phone is already locally powered by a power cube, no additional power cube is required when installing the key expansion module to it.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/unified-ip-color-key-expansion-module/data_sheet_c78-565427.html

Stefan Walter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I remember that 8961 with Key Expansion Module is only supported in version 9.X and later in cme.

Please rate

Thanks,

Stefan

Thanks for your answers guys!

show telephony-service
CONFIG (Version=10.0)
=====================
Version 10.0

I  buy power adapter and if Key Module not working with module second step try upgrade ios

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: