Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Messaging Interface down

pijssel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm having an issue on a CUCM machine running 6.0.1.2112-1. If I run the RTMT I get to see numerous of alerts saying:

'Service status is DOWN.

Cisco Messaging Interface...'

The alert keeps popping up every 30 seconds.

Can anyone tell me what the cause of this alert could be, and how it can be solved?

With kind regards,

Paul van den IJssel

Digacom, The Netherlands

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ouhakheme
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Paul --

I assume that you are using Cisco Unity/Unity Connection/Unity Express for the voicemail platform. If so, you will not need the Cisco Messaging Interface service and you can deactivate it from the serviceability pages. The service is only needed for external voicemail systems that are not Cisco.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I hope this helps. Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks,

Ohamien

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ouhakheme
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Paul --

I assume that you are using Cisco Unity/Unity Connection/Unity Express for the voicemail platform. If so, you will not need the Cisco Messaging Interface service and you can deactivate it from the serviceability pages. The service is only needed for external voicemail systems that are not Cisco.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I hope this helps. Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks,

Ohamien

Hi Ohamien,

This solves the issue! Thanks!

Currently I'm only using CUE, but we used to activate the service by default. It won't happen again ;)

With kind regards,

Paul van den IJssel

Digacom, The Netherlands

No worries!

Ohamien

Holly Miller
Level 1
Level 1

I have this error in RTMT as well.  But Cisco Messaging Interface is definitely disabled on the Service Activation page.  Any idea how I can prevent this error?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: