cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mobile 8.0 - device configuration not found

RalphSmithIII
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, this is my first post in the Cisco Support Community   I've been working on trying to get Cisco's Mobile 8.0 iPhone client to register with my lab setup.  I'm running CUCM 8.0 in VMWare and have reachability, can access the Admin page from the iPhone (3gs) and iPod Touch (4Gen).  Previously I had issues even getting this far and kept getting verification timeouts.  I erased my test user account and found a write up on how to add a user, which apparently was correct.  Now, I'm getting a "device configuration not found" error which is new and the furthest I've gotten.

After some research, I thought it may be related to the .cop file and maybe some type of config file wasn't extracted correctly to the CUCM 8.0.  There's very little to no documentation that I've come across with a solution. 

If anyone has any suggestions or input, I'd apprecaite it as I'd like to get it at least registered and go from there.

Thanks in advance!

8 Replies 8

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You have to add the devices to CUCM as a 'Cisco Dual Mode for iPhone' device, the name must start TCT (e.g. TCTIPAD or TCTJOHN). If you can't add a device of that type, you need the cop file to install to add the devcie type.

Also there's a Cisco Jabber app on the app store which (from what I can gather) isn't really Jabber anything, but Mobile 8.1 rebranded. Better mulitasking etc..

Docs are here : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cumc/cisco_mobile/iPhone/8_0/Cisco_Mobile_iPhone_8.x_Admin_Guide.html

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aarron, thanks for the fast reply.  I have it all setup correctly.  Device ID is correct, TCT_TEST (must be CAPS less than 15 characters, etc).  I installed the .cop file correct as I have the option in the drop box for Dual Mode For iPhone, etc.

I have both the 8.0 Mobile app and the 8.6.x new version of the 8.1 mobile app and I'm having a similar issue.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have the device configured on CUCM?

Do you see the device type available from the drop down box?

Did you name it TCT + XXXX?

Chris

Chris,

Yes, its all configured.  I've tested removig the DN which then tells me on the Mobile 8.0 app when I hit save to register, that there is no line configured.  So I know its communicating with the tftp server (CUCM 8.0).  I've restarted TOMCAT, the TFTP server via command line, restarted the VM image, restarted the iPhone and iPod touch and still no dice. 

Again before, I couldn't get to this step where it would try and pull (if that's what is actually trying) configuration file until I removed the previous test user and added the steps I found here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2125280

After I added basically the same exact settings from what I can see, I now get the error "device configuration not found" which in my opinion, is progress from where I was earlier.

RalphSmithIII
Level 1
Level 1

What's also strange, is that with Mobile 8.0 I get the error I'm posting about " device configuration not found".  With the newer 8.6 Mobile app, I simply get Unable to Verify Account when trying to register.

It was my understanding from the documentation that if you had CUCM 8.0.3 that you didn't need the .cop file, but I didn't see an option to add the iPhone until I added it to the server via FTP.

RalphSmithIII
Level 1
Level 1

Here are screenshots of my current test configuration in CUCM 8.0.

RalphSmithIII
Level 1
Level 1

If anyone has this setup and working, could your browse to your tftp directory in CUCM and tell me what file the Mobile apps need in order to register.  I'm wondering if there's some type of config file that's just not in my directory.

RalphSmithIII
Level 1
Level 1

I figured out my issue.  If you are using an isolated testing lab and have no DNS server setup, then the CUCM Server name field (under OS Administration > System > Server) needs to be changed from a host name (mine was set to CUCM upon install) to the IP address of the VM.  The iPhone can't resolve DNS name of CUCM without well....DNS.  So it fails until you change the setting.  After applying the change both the Cisco Mobile 8.0 and new Cisco Jabber Client worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: