Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco mobile communicator and cucm registration

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Guys,

im trying to configure mobile communicator on CUCM 8.X under add new device. i have the mobility advantage and software etc working properly but i cant seem to figure out this one. im assuming that once it works i should see it registered on CUCM but im seeing in unknown.

do i need something specific for the device name when im adding it? ive specified the device name as the user's mobile number and also associated the number exactly as it is in mobility advantage.

any insight would be appreciated.

our environment is a wireless AP connecting to the outside interface of the ASA which simulates the carrier. we then have the mobility server on the inside.

again all is working as expected with the exception of dial via office when using mobile communicator on the mobile.

thanks again

4 Replies 4

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

You don't need specific device name.  Though you may name it UMCxxxx for easy indentification.

On CUCM > User Management > End User, you either specify Remote Destination (for Unified Mobility) or Remote Indentification (for Mobile Communicator), but not both.

From your cell phone, do you see the Mobile Communicator status available?

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael,

yeah ive got the mobile communicator more or less working from the Nokia. i can see my presence status, missed calls receive voicemail and search the company directory.

The issue is dial via office. if i check on call manager i dont see the mobile communicator registered and i assume it should be.

strangely enough, when i get a missed call from an extension and i dial it back i did see it trying to dial via office (i set the phone to always dial via office) but it doesnt say that again and tries to dial the extension direct through my mobile.

its a fairly new implementation for me so im in the process of reading and understanding as well.

again, most everything is working except the dial via office.

ive integrated the iphone and that works fine, ive tried my blackberry without a BES and did a manual install via bb desktop manager but i cant connect to the server (only retrying the connection) so im assuming that its some certifcate issue that i missed or thats why the doc recommends blackberry server to be able to push the proper policies etc.

thanks again

Just a note as well, you said i can have either unified mobility or mobile communicator but not both? therefore, if im on my deskphone and i want to use mobility i cant if i have mobile commuicator?

If you use CUMC, that serves the same purpose of remote destination.  You may still use the mobility feature from the deskphone.

In order the see the device registered, you need to configure a device in CUMA with the exact same phone number that you configure for the Mobility Identity on the CUMC device in CUCM. When you logged in with CUMC client, CUMA will send a SIP registration request with that phone number and you will see it registered with the IP of the CUMA server.

Michael

Hi,

thanks for the guidance. still dont have it working but ill keep on checking.

Will post as soon as make some headway for anyone trying this out as well.

I noticed that if i logged out of CMC and tried to dial an extension it actually gives me the option to dial via office. if i say yes it tries to connect  to the server and i need to login again. once i log in it gives me a SIP (603) Declined) error. if im logged in i dont get the DVO

PS. i do have the same exact number configured in my mobile identify and the CUMA.

thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: