Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nortel E1 channels overflow

fady samir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a CME connected to Nortel PBX through an E1, in both systems i have extensions 1XXX, so for example, 1110 and 1111 are cisco extensions and 1112 is nortel extension, when 1111 dial 1112, the CME find that the extension is not on the CME and forwards the call to the PBX through the E1, the problem is that if any cisco phone is not registered here is what happens, 1110 calls 1111 (not registered), CME check for 1111 and when it cant find it registered it send the call to the PBX, the PBX find that it don't have that extension, it send it back to the CME, and then CME to the PBX ... etc, all the channels got busy and no one can make any more calls from the CME to Nortel or vice versa ... any ideas to fix that ? i thought about the "snr mode virtual" command that makes the cisco phone virtually rings even if it is not registered but unfortuantely my CME version doesn't support that command ...

3 Replies 3

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

That's what happens when you have an overlapping dial-plan on the CME router. You may need to use some kind of prefix when calling to the Nortel PBX, so CME will never attemp to call if the dialed number is unregistered.

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks Jorge, but what if there is no way to make the dial plan different, anyway on the CME to not send the call to the PBX if the extension is not registered ?

jesusmorales
Level 1
Level 1

As Jorge Armijo says you can use some prefix or another archaic form is to develop a dial-peer with destination-pattern more specific to sent across E1 to Nortel.

JM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: