cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco personal communicator shows calls as missed calls when attended by hard phone

bijin bharathan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am having a hard phone and a CUPC.If i answer the incoming call in ip phone,then CUPC shows this call as a missed call,but actually i answered the call.This happens when i select the softphone in CUPC.Please suggest a solution to resolve this strange behaviour.

Thanks

Bijin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I apologize, I missed the intent of your post.  This behavior is not "strange", it is deliberate.  Any time a shared directory number is called, every device that does not answer that call will log it as missed, including Cisco phones, CUPC, CIPC, and all remote destinations.

I know that's not what you wanted to hear but I think that's just how it is....

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

philip.e.denton
Level 3
Level 3

For physical phones there is a checkbox on each line appearance for "Log Missed Calls".  I don't have access to CUCM at the moment to verify but maybe something similar exists for your CUPC instance?

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your reply

Please check in cucm when possible.By the time i will also check that this resolves my issue.

Thanks

Bijin

Unfortunately I don't know when I'll have access to ANY CUCM servers again, but if I recall correctly that checkbox is immediately above the max calls/busy trigger fields, near the bottom of the page.  Keep in mind this checkbox will turn off ALL missed call logging on that line appearance, regardless of whether they were answered on the other appearance on the hard phone or not.

Ohhh...this doesnt resolve my issue.I need missed call logging if it is a missed call.

I apologize, I missed the intent of your post.  This behavior is not "strange", it is deliberate.  Any time a shared directory number is called, every device that does not answer that call will log it as missed, including Cisco phones, CUPC, CIPC, and all remote destinations.

I know that's not what you wanted to hear but I think that's just how it is....

No issues.Thanks for your support.A little confusion is there in that behaviour right.I will consider this behaviour is expected  as per design.