Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco Phone Lock

Hi All

Hope you are ok.

I am looking a way to lock the phones for outbound call during some time period. I tested time of day routing but It lock the phones apparently for indbound call only. Please advise any suggest

Regards

Andres

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: Cisco Phone Lock

Time of day routing should work. I'd guess you probably also assigned the TOD to the partition of the directory number of the actual phones. The only partition you want to assign the TOD schedule to is the route pattern partitions which should be different than the directory number partitions. So for example, the phone has a directory number in the "Internal" partition. The route pattern for long distance is in the "LD" partition. Apply the TOD to the "LD" partition. This will make the "LD" partition only active during the time specified in the TOD schedule, thus restricting anyone from calling it per the TOD schedule while still being able to call the directory number on the phone which has no TOD schedule assigned to it.

2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Outbound calling can be controlled through Forced Authorization Codes (FACs). You could combine this with time of day routing so the FAC-enabled Route Patterns only were used during certain time periods.

Bronze

Time of day routing should work. I'd guess you probably also assigned the TOD to the partition of the directory number of the actual phones. The only partition you want to assign the TOD schedule to is the route pattern partitions which should be different than the directory number partitions. So for example, the phone has a directory number in the "Internal" partition. The route pattern for long distance is in the "LD" partition. Apply the TOD to the "LD" partition. This will make the "LD" partition only active during the time specified in the TOD schedule, thus restricting anyone from calling it per the TOD schedule while still being able to call the directory number on the phone which has no TOD schedule assigned to it.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content