Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Prime Assurance install Help..!!!! :( :(

Hi all,

We would like to bring cisco prime assurance 9.1 in to our Organization

Guys could you please provide me install guide or screen shot of the  application for the assurance version 9.1 and I wanted to know the prerequisite  for this application like server requirement etc

We are having a UCS in which we can run a VM machine but I wanted to know is  cisco prime is installed on windows server 2008 ent edition R2,R1?

Or it has any OVI template like CUCM or how do I install and integrate  it?

Please help me to proceed in this case..

Rgds,

Rebecca

God bless u all!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Rebecca,

Here's the path to the ova's for download

Prime Collaboration Software-9.0

Cheers!

Rob

"When it comes to luck you make your own  " 

- Springsteen

8 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

HI Rebecca,

I believe "Prime Assurance Manager" has beed EoL'd and replaced

with "Prime Infrastructure". You can see the notices and links to

the new product lines below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12349/index.html

Cheers!

Rob

- Springsteen

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Here are all the PRIME collaboration install guides:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps12363/prod_installation_guides_list.html

Chris

Hi all,

How do I download Cisco prime assurance 9.0 OVI template for VM please provide me link I was not able to find it.

Regards,

Rebecca...!!!1

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Rebecca,

Here's the path to the ova's for download

Prime Collaboration Software-9.0

Cheers!

Rob

- Springsteen

Dear Rob,

I was able to install the application

But I am not able to login to GUI now I am entering the correct user name and password

As I had taken screen shot while configuring

I tried with admin and the password which i set NO GO

I tried with globaladmin as username and the same password NO GO

So I think I will have to reset the password now

Can I reset the password for the Web interface from CLI mode?? plz help iyts urgent

Rgds,

Rebecca

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Rebecca,

Well....at least you're getting there

I believe you'd need glabaladmin for the UI as admin is for cli;

User Accounts

For  Prime Collaboration, you will be required to specify various passwords  at different instances. This section is designed to help you specify  appropriate passwords in several scenarios that demand your login  credentials (applicable for both converged application and standalone  Prime Collaboration Assurance and Prime Collaboration Provisioning  applications).

globaladmin- A superuser who can access both Prime Collaboration Assurance and Prime Collaboration Provisioning UIs.

globaladmin  password- Specify this password when you configure your virtual  appliance for either standalone or converged applications. See Configuring the Prime Collaboration Assurance Virtual Appliance and Configuring the Prime Collaboration Provisioning Virtual Appliance. You are also required to specify this password when you log in to the UI (see Password Rules for root User and globaladmin).

In  Prime Collaboration Provisioning, this password is synched with the  password of postgres admin (to perform backup and restore operations).  The password is then updated in the database and in the /opt/cupm/sep/dfc.properties file. You must log in as a root user to access the dfc.properties file.

Note If  you plan to install both Prime Collaboration Assurance and Prime  Collaboration Provisioning, ensure that you specify the same password  for both applications during installation.

CLI Admin Username—The default username is admin. However, you can specify the username of your choice.

CLI  Admin Password—Specify a password for the SSH CLI admin. This password  is used to log in to the CLI to check the application status and perform  backup and restore (see Password Rules for CLI admin).

The  CLI is supported only through SSH; Telnet is not supported. You can log  in through SSH using port 26 for Assurance and port 22 for Provisioning.

Root user—A superuser who has all privileges in Linux shell.

Root password—Specify a password for the root user (see Password Rules for root User and globaladmin).

Password Rules for root User and globaladmin

Must contain at least one of each: lowercase letter, uppercase letter, number, and special characters.

No character in the password may be repeated more than three times consecutively.

Cannot contain non-ASCII characters, %, +, and &.

Cannot be cisco or ocsic or any variant obtained by changing the capitalization of letters therein, or by substituting 1,!, or | for i, substituting 0 for o, or substituting $ for s.

Cannot be same as the username, and cannot be the username reversed.

Must contain from 8 to 80 characters.

Cannot end with these characters: *, ; or #.

Caution We recommend that you write down the root password, as it cannot be retrieved.

NoteTo  change the root password, you must log in as root user and execute the  "passwd" command, which prompts you for a new password.

If  you are planning to integrate Provisioning and Assurance servers, make  sure that you adhere to the Assurance-specific globaladmin password  rules while setting up / creating the password for globaladmin in  Provisioning.

Password Rules for CLI admin

Must contain atleast six characters.

Must contain at least one of each: lowercase letter, uppercase letter, and number.

Must not be the same as the username itself.

Installation Prompts

We  recommend that you find out the values beforehand for the following  parameters, as you will be required to enter them at the console prompts  when you configure the virtual appliance:

IP address—The IP address of the virtual appliance. If you wish to change the IP address, see

IP default netmask—The default subnet mask for the IP address

IP default gateway—The IP address of the default gateway

Default DNS domain—The default domain name

Primary nameserver—The primary name server. You may add a name server. To configure several name servers, enter y.

Primary NTP server[time.nist.gov]—The primary NTP server. To enter a secondary NTP server, enter y at the next prompt.

Note Prime Collaboration 9.5 supports three NTP servers. To configure a tertiary NTP server, enter y at the next prompt, after you specify a secondary NTP server.

Timezone—The  timestamp that is displayed on the UI is the server time. By default,  the configured timezone is UTC. For a list of supported timezones, see Supported Timezones for Prime Collaboration. You must use the same timezone for Prime Collaboration Assurance and Prime Collaboration Provisioning servers in converged mode.

Username—The CLI admin username. The default is admin. However, you can specify the username of your choice.

Password—The  CLI admin password. This password is used to log in to the CLI to check  the application status and perform backup and restore.

Root user—A superuser who has all privileges in Linux shell.

Root password—Specify a password for the root user.

globaladmin—A  superuser of the application who has all privileges, and whose account  used for initial login to the application (UI).

globaladmin password—Specify a password for the globaladmin.

Network deployment mode-Select the network deployment mode you need. Specify E for Enterprise Deployment or M for Managed Service Provider Deployment (E/M).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/collaboration/9.5/quick/start/guide/Cisco_Prime_Collaboration_Quick_Start_Guide_9_5.html#wp109430

Cheers!

Rob

- Springsteen

Hi Rob,

Yes you are correct

I wanted to get in to the GUI interface thats the UI with admin as username and password as admin NO GO

even I tried username as globaladmin password the one which I gave in the begining coz I have kept same password for every thing so I canot be wrong at password...

I dont know how I will login now in to the UI

Can you help me to reset it? and get a new username and password for loging in to the UI?

Or do I have to reinstall the complete application again??

Rgds,

Rebecca...

Can we change the password from the PUtty? by logining to the server IP ?

Will it be ssh or telnet? and what is the port number?

Views
Helpful
Replies