Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime License Manager Instalation

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

Whats the difference to install Cisco Prime License Manager as standalone or co-resident with one of UC Applications.

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The difference from ELM is that the application cannot be installed from the CUCM ISO, you need to run separate ISO for PLM and the rest is the same.

Chris

View solution in original post

Yes, just like ELM, PLM is installed on every CUCM/UCXN and now CER instance, you pick which one you want to use to manage your licenses as it makes no sense to use multiple.  If you desire to have dedicated PLM you need to install a standalone PLM using one of the CUCM OVAs, the difference between standalone PLM and ELM is that you cannot use the CUCM media to install PLM, and need to download dedicated PLM install media.

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The difference from ELM is that the application cannot be installed from the CUCM ISO, you need to run separate ISO for PLM and the rest is the same.

Chris

Hi Santana,

[+5] to Chris.

I am just capturing the lines from PLM User guide

Deployment model
Cisco Prime License Manager is installed as a standalone product. It may also be automatically installed with
Unified Communications products.
For stand alone installation, the Cisco Prime License Manager ISO is available either from the DVD that was sent to you, or is available at the Software Download Center under Cisco Prime License Manager Virtual Machine Templates.
For co-resident installations, Cisco Prime License Manager is installed automatically as part of the installation of Unified CM, Unity Connection, or both, as well as Cisco Business Edition 6000. You may choose to run Cisco Prime License Manager on one of these servers in a co-resident configuration. Refer to the platform-specific installation document for more information:
• Installing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release 10.0(1)
• Installation Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 10.0(1)
• Installing Cisco Business Edition 6000, Release 10.0(1)

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/plm/10_0_1/CPLM_BK_U7066CD8_00_user-guide-rel-10-0-1/CPLM_BK_U7066CD8_00_user-guide-rel-10-0-1_chapter_010.html

regds,

aman

So what is the better option?

Co-Resident or StandAlone?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

It's up to you, my rule of thumb is that if the environment is large i.e. few CUCM servers, CER, UCXN I would build a standalone, if the environment is couple of CUCMs, UCXN I would run it on the CUCM Pub.

Chris

One thing that i do not undestand yet, if i install CUCM the PLM will be installed too?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Yes, just like ELM, PLM is installed on every CUCM/UCXN and now CER instance, you pick which one you want to use to manage your licenses as it makes no sense to use multiple.  If you desire to have dedicated PLM you need to install a standalone PLM using one of the CUCM OVAs, the difference between standalone PLM and ELM is that you cannot use the CUCM media to install PLM, and need to download dedicated PLM install media.

Chris

Thanks again Chris.

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: