cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Router 2901 - CME

Phil.Garrelhas
Level 1
Level 1

We recently moved from an ICS 7750 solution to a Cisco Router 2901 with CME/CUE.

When someone calls our main line, it is answered by the the auto attendant. If the caller takes too long while dialing an extension, it will automatically transfer to associated button option or cycle through the menu again.

Here's the example.

When a caller dials our main line, Option 3 would direct you to the help desk.  All of our extension begin with 3. So, when callers are dialing "3...4...5", it will transfer to the help desk since there was a delay between the "3.. 4" of the extension.

How do you increase that delay?

Thanks

Phil..

11 Replies 11

dksingh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hmm...the way I look at it is that you have an overlap...

If from the main menu, option 3 is to transfer to HelpDesk,

are you ever able to dial an extn starting with 3XX and get

transferred to that irrepsective of how fast or slow u dial?

I think as soon as you enter that digit 3, the script already

goes to option3/HelpDesk and ignores next two digits XX.

Can u pl. confirm? The easiest option would be to move helpdesk

option to some other digit that's not being used.

Hi,

Yes, I can still reach the intended extension if I type it at a normal pace. It's when you wait about 2 seconds after the initial 3 that the script runs. How do I edit that 2 second delay?

I have already moved the person from the "3" to another digit. But when there is no option set to that digit, the AA will cycle. So, some people will call in, start typing an extension and the AA will restart, because they take long after the 3. Our last phone system didn't have this issue.

This is why I'm thinking that there must be a solution to delay that time.

You can edit the AA script. There are some timeout properties in the involved step that you can adjust according to your needs.

Yeah u can check the script and edit it to increase the timer...

Here's some ideas...

If you are using the "Get Digit String" step, you 
can go to the properties input tab to set the initial-timeout
inter-digit timeout

Hi Dilip,

Okay, I made the change with the script editor. I upload the file back to our CUE. Then in the autoattendant page, when I select the script and choose apply, I receive the following warning:

Message from webpage

Warning: Number of sessions exceeds license limit. Do you want to continue?

Ideas?

Phil..

That basically indicates that you are trying to configure more number of sessions than ports licensed.

Your options are reduce the number of AA sessions or remove ivr license (if not in use)

Each IVR session consumes one port and thus reduces the number of ports  available for use by voicemail

and auto-attendant. If the number of IVR session  licenses is greater than or equal to the number of ports,

then voicemail and  auto-attendant will be disabled due to the lack of available ports

Not sure what CUE hardware and s/w version you have.

Can you pl. provide:

sh soft ver

sh soft lic

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel8_0/rel_notes/rel_notes.html#wp296894.

Hi,

Unfortunately, those commands are unavailable.

Only authenticity is available under the sh software command.

Well, here is what I did.

There is already a script in place. Actually, two. The default, and one that was later created.

I uploaded the third, that would have had my change to it. I was going to set it as the active AA script, and that's when I got that warning.

Phil..

Hi Dilip,

Any ideas? To my below response?

Thanks.

You don't need to worry about the warning as long you are ok with the licensed number of ports that you have.

Okay great.

I just updated it with the changed script. There seems to be no increase between digits. It was set to 5 before, and I changed it to the max of 8.

Is there another area I'm missing?

Thanks.

You need to check the exact step where it happens, and that you're changing the appropriate property.

However, it's not a good idea to have menu options overalpping with first digit of the extensions. Btter rearrange things so thta is not the case, or introduce a separate menu option to dial-by-extension.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: