Cisco SIP problems and issues with Siemens VoIP switch
I hope someone can help, I've been trying to fix these issues for weeks now, and I don't see the solution ï
The topology is like this:
Siemens HiPath 3500 v.7.0 switch with Siemens HG 1500 (VoIP module) connected on Cisco catalyst 3550 PoE switch with Cisco 7940 IP Phones using SIP protocol v.8.11.0.
Communication between IP Phones is established but here are the issues:
1. Assisted call transfer cannot be made. (Transfer is possible if transfer pressed and after number is dialed transfer pressed again, prior third number answers)
2. Blind call transfer does not work either (BlndXfr)
3. Call forwarding is not working as well (CFwdALL)
4. When call is made (between two IP phones locally) name of the caller is not presented, only the number of locale
5. No dial tone for free line out, only initial tone when you press speaker or pick up the handset
6. No ringing tone when outside line is dialed, if number dialed answers, connection is properly established. Proper busy tone when line is busy.
These are most critical issues since all of these functions are basic ones. I have tried transferring the call with digital Siemens set and it is working, so switch should work properly, but I don't know where to look for the solution, is it SIP is it Cisco IP phone or some (mis)configuration on the switch.
I would appreciate any solution or shared experienceâ¦
Re: Cisco SIP problems and issues with Siemens VoIP switch
If this isn't CUCM/CME controlled you can disregard that command.
Once you're using a SIP phone with another call agent, there really isn't anyone on this forum that will be able to help you with signaling-level problems. That is something you would need to address on the proxy.
All of the SIP signaling options are going to be in the firmware, which we can't change. You can try downloading the most recent firmware to see if that helps, otherwise you'll need to work with whatever device you're controlling the phone with.
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...