Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UC500 : Phone lock facility

Ruban George
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Can somebody help me on this feature immediately? 

My customer wants to lock cisco ip phone. they have ( 7945 & 6921). They aren't intrested to user after hours block pattern feature.(exeption pin) option which is call blocking feature

They themself want to lock their phones with username & password or with pin whenver they want which is available in Panasonic & Avaya..

They are even ready to replace with 7940G or 7960G or 7970 phoes as well..

Does cisco has this facility ?   Please suggest me something on this as soon as possible.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use Extnesion Mobility. Described in CME documenation.

Ruban George
Level 1
Level 1

I used extersion mobilty feature as well. But the problem is when I use extersion mobilty option on the phone 7945 it promts for username & password.

Once I enter the correct username & password the phones displays "logging " after that phone gets restarted then the phone becomes non usable mode where I can't dial.

Then when I go to extension mobilty again it gives me a option "log off" ? If I say yes then the phone restart and comes back to its normal position how it was working before.

My customer wants the phone to request the " username & password " again in the second time when I try to log off..

Will this  be possible on Extension mobility  ?     Please give me ur valuable comments..

Thanks for your support again !!!!!!!

Hi Ruban,

I don't think that it's possible with EM.

But if your customer runs on CUCM, then I may have a solution for you.

2Ring PHONE SERVICES have a feature called PhoneLock which works based on the CSS change.

Users have to fill their CUCM PIN to unlock the phone.

When it is interesting for you, just follow the link to ask e.g. for FREE version in order to try it: http://www.2ring.com/NewJuice

HTH,

Martin

Pranjol Saikia
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Ruban,

Please check out MARS Phone Lock application which fulfills your requirement

https://marketplace.cisco.com/catalog/products/1921