Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCL Licensing. AARrrrgggghh!

gbljoba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone help me clear something up here?

We are running CUCM6.1 in our company and are going through the process of upgrading to v8 with UCL licensing. We are using the 3+3 promo to get through this. We also have a deployment of OCS so i planned to use CUCiMOC as soon as we had migrated. I was a little cross to hear that the enhanced licence does not cover the additional softphone or CUCiMOC so i decided to add 20 adjunct licence in for a trial. Now i am told i have to buy a CUCiMOC licence and and Adjunct Licence which cost pretty much the same as eachother! What????

At least with DLU the user only had to use 1 extra DLU to get CUCiMOC!

Regards

Jon

2 Replies 2

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

I don't quite understand.  Regardless "promotion" or "package", at the end of the day, it'll come down to DLUs.

A couple things:

1) You don't need license (DLU) to use CUCIMOC.  Unless you want to use the "soft phone" part of it.  ie. if you plan to use desk phone with CUCIMOC, you don't need any license.

2) If you decided to use soft phone feature of CUCIMOC, all you need is one more DLU per user.  If your system has enough DLUs left (most of people do), you may use the existing ones.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi,

You misunderstand my point. We are moving away from DLU licensing.

I understand how CUCiMOC worked with DLU, it was easy. Cisco move to UCL/CUWL to simplify things but make some things more complex and as a result to licence a user with a phone and CUCiMOC it will cost double what it cost under DLU licensing.

Regards

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: