Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco UCS C220 VMware ESXi Error Messages

Hello,

I have two Cisco C220 M3 servers running VMware ESXi installed using the ISO file VMware-VMvisor-Installer-5.1.0.update02-1483097.x86_64.iso

The servers are used to host CUCM, Unity Connection, UCCX and a couple of Windows servers.

Both servers are reporting errors similar to that below:

Device naa.600605b008e189b01b689af4132a65b6 performance has deteriorated. I/O latency increased 
from average value of 263 microseconds to 13460 microseconds.

The servers use local storage only.

Is this message anything to be worried about? - I have seen some suggestions that it is not and is just a cosmetic bug. Others suggest that it could indicate a hardware issue - possibly with the RAID controller.

I have to confess that I used the generic VMware ESXi install disk rather than the custom Cisco ISO so I guess it could be a driver issue.

Any suggestions on how to take this forward?

Aplogies for posting in the voice forum but I thought the post would be more likely to be read by people who deploy UCS C series devices within on-board storage than if I posted in the UCS forum

Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES

Same issue here. Doesn't

Same issue here. Doesn't appear to coincide with any outages, but would like to know what the issue is regardless. Where is this mentioned as being only cosmetic?

Hello James,

Hello James,

I have the same issue. Did you resolve it?

Thank you!

Yordan Vichev

Hi,

Hi,

As far as I can remember it was an issue with the firmware on the RAID controller. I ran the UCS Host Update Utility and the issue did not recur.

HTH

James

Hi James,

Hi James,

Thanks for your answer! I will try!

Have a nice day!

Yordan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content