Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS C220 VMware ESXi Error Messages

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I have two Cisco C220 M3 servers running VMware ESXi installed using the ISO file VMware-VMvisor-Installer-5.1.0.update02-1483097.x86_64.iso

The servers are used to host CUCM, Unity Connection, UCCX and a couple of Windows servers.

Both servers are reporting errors similar to that below:

Device naa.600605b008e189b01b689af4132a65b6 performance has deteriorated. I/O latency increased 
from average value of 263 microseconds to 13460 microseconds.

The servers use local storage only.

Is this message anything to be worried about? - I have seen some suggestions that it is not and is just a cosmetic bug. Others suggest that it could indicate a hardware issue - possibly with the RAID controller.

I have to confess that I used the generic VMware ESXi install disk rather than the custom Cisco ISO so I guess it could be a driver issue.

Any suggestions on how to take this forward?

Aplogies for posting in the voice forum but I thought the post would be more likely to be read by people who deploy UCS C series devices within on-board storage than if I posted in the UCS forum

4 Replies 4

Same issue here. Doesn't appear to coincide with any outages, but would like to know what the issue is regardless. Where is this mentioned as being only cosmetic?

yordan.vichev1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello James,

I have the same issue. Did you resolve it?

Thank you!

Yordan Vichev

Hi,

As far as I can remember it was an issue with the firmware on the RAID controller. I ran the UCS Host Update Utility and the issue did not recur.

HTH

James

Hi James,

Thanks for your answer! I will try!

Have a nice day!

Yordan