Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco UM workaround?

hi

regarding to unified messaging of cisco unity with exchange server, can i install a seperate exchange server and AD from the customer's Exchange and AD, then all subscribers i add to unity will be homed to this exchange i have created and to make unified messaging i go to this exchange and set rules to forward all emails sent to each subscriber to his original email in the customer's exchange (mapping) the idea is that sometimes it is risky and comes with errors when integrating with the customer's productive exchange and AD?

does any one please have any idea on this approach or other workarounds?

1 REPLY
Super Bronze

Re: Cisco UM workaround?

I'd just do it the normal UM way.

What's risky and what 'comes with errors'?

I've never had a UM deployment go seriously wrong; if you're concerned about integrating with the customers AD/Exchange then you should probably get someone more familiar with that side of things to do it for you...

Building a seperate AD/Exchange infrastructure in parallel makes little sense - it will cost more to implement, and will add far too much complexity and administrative overhead long-term.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Views
Helpful
Replies