cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified CM Administration - Have a phone automatically dial extensions

tdonlin138
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the situation.  In one of our offices, we have a phone (currently connected to the PBX) that can be picked up by customers and will automatically dial certain extensions.

We will be replacing these phones with the 7945 soon.  If possible, would someone be able to walk me through configuring the 7945 to be able to dial certain extensions when the phone is picked up?  The customer will not have to dial an extension if they need help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Thomas,

The step by step directions in this guide are very good

Hotdial on IP Phones with CallManager Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

Cheers!

Rob

I just found those directions right before I saw your post.  I apparently didn't do a good enough search in the forums

The doc seems pretty straightforward.  Thanks for the link.

I just have one question.  Would I be able to hotdial to multiple extensions at once or would it only allow one extension?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Thomas,

Good stuff

The Hotdial function is a one to one relationship. If you wanted multiple phones

to ring when the "help" phone goes off-hook you could set up a shared destination line

on multiple phones.

Cheers!

Rob

I see what you're saying.  I wasn't sure if multiple phone with different extension would be able to be configured.

Thanks for your help!

I'm sure I'll have more questions

Can you ring it to a hunt group and add all the phones we want it to ring on? 

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Thomas,

Sure you can

You can set the Hotdial to ringdown to the Hunt pilot # and

then configure the Hunt Group with the Line members

you wish to ring.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Just what I wanted to hear

I will give it a try and let you know how it works out.

Thanks again for all your help!

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: