Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified CM Administration Page on Publisher going really slow

Giovanni Ceci
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone,

We're having trouble with slowness for the Cisco Unified CM Administration (and Serviceability) web page on the Publisher node. We also have 2 Subscribers. One is working fine and we can access the Admin page without any slowness. Our other one has been taken down because we are moving it to another building in the next couple of days. In the RTMT, we are getting Database Replication errors because the other server is unreachable, but would this be a cause of the slowness of the Publisher CM Admin pages? The server is pingable with very little delay, and there's no duplex mismatches or collisions on the switch. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

neocec

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The web services are all Tomcat-based so, when you see performance issues, it's fairly common to restart Tomcat.  If you have taken a server offline and it's been a while, you may see some performance slowness as the servers are trying to detect if the old server has come back online.  However, after sometime - the server is "written off", if you will, and when you bring it back online then you may need to perform a repair or reset of dbreplication of the cluster.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kusatija
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

You can log into the publisher CLI with out any issues, right?

Try restarting the cisco tomcat services, by using the command:

utils service restart Cisco Tomcat

HTH
kunal

Hey Kunal, thanks for the reply.

I can log into the CLI just fine. I am not in the position right now to try it, and that's ok for now because this issue isn't service impacting. I will try it the moment I get the chance. But I'm curious to know why you think it might be a Tomcat service issue? Could you explain please?

Thanks,

neocec

The web services are all Tomcat-based so, when you see performance issues, it's fairly common to restart Tomcat.  If you have taken a server offline and it's been a while, you may see some performance slowness as the servers are trying to detect if the old server has come back online.  However, after sometime - the server is "written off", if you will, and when you bring it back online then you may need to perform a repair or reset of dbreplication of the cluster.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks David! Your posts are always helpful! So I think you're right that the Publisher "writes off" the downed server because the Publisher is working fine this morning. I did not even have to restart the Tomcat services.

Thanks so much! Have a good day.

neocec

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: