Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) & RSVP

Hi,

I'm currently working on realizing a VoIP infrastructure using Cisco Communication Manager and Communication Manager Express in combination with RSVP.

The (simplified) topology consists of two sites interconnected via Ethernet Interfaces of two routers acting as gateways for the individual sites. The VoIP phones of site A are managed via Cisco Communication Manager (version 6), those of site B via Communication Manager Express (runs on gateway router of site B):

Problemstellung.jpg

What I have to realize is that if a phone within site A sets up a call to a phone within site B, there should be performed a reservation via RSVP on the site-connecting link (in detail: between gateway/router within site A and gateway/router of site B), so that a certain amount of bandwidth is reserved for the call during the VoIP session.

So the problem is, that I'm currently unable to configure the CUCM in a way that initializes/does this RSVP reservation on the interconnecting link when setting up a call.

I would be happy to receive some suggestions...

Best regards, Dominik

Views
Helpful
Replies