cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Service monitor CDR DB user creation problem

cihans
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure cisco Unified Service Monitor. When I try to add a new CM to the CUSM, it asks for CDR DB user and pass, we create a new user on CM for CDR access on SQL server, but we cannot succesfully pass verification, when we try the same user on CM to connect SQL server we get following error.

---------------------------

SQL Query Analyzer

Unable to connect to server TEKCCM1:

Server: Msg 18452, Level 16, State 1

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'testuser1'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

OK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeroenhermans
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

This error means that your SQL authentication is set to windows only. You need to switch it to mixed mode. This way the service monitor can authenticate with the SQL account

Regards,

Jeroen

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jeroenhermans
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

This error means that your SQL authentication is set to windows only. You need to switch it to mixed mode. This way the service monitor can authenticate with the SQL account

Regards,

Jeroen

hi Jeroen,

How do I change that? when I create a new user I select SQL authentication and add a new password. How do I switch to mixed mode. Or you mean I do that on the CUSM server.

hi Jeroen,

How do I change that? when I create a new user I select SQL authentication and add a new password. How do I switch to mixed mode. Or you mean I do that on the CUSM server.

I checked the SQL properties, you are right, but there is cisco security agent on the server that prevents me to change the registry entry.thanks for the quick response.

Hi,

You could try and turn of the security agent for a moment, make the change and then turn it back on.

Rgds,

Jeroen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: