Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Call Handler Unable to transfer to phone

I'm having an issue where I have a call handler setup such that it provides options.  One of those options is to attempt to transfer to another call handler.  That call handler is setup such that under the transfer section I've entered in an external number.  I've checked the calling search spaces using the dialed number analyzer for both the voicemail port and the line on the port and both successfully route the call to the external number.  I've also tested this with an IP Communicator phone setup with the same calling search space.  (I tried each one individually)  Both work.  What happens is upon selecting the option (1) it goes directly to the second call handler's greeting.  I've double and triple checked and it definitely set for attempt transfer for and the call handler that is setup with "yes, ring this extension"  Yet it doesn't ring, I don't even hear a "please wait while I transfer your call"  I've checked the restriction tables and everything seems correct there, nothing is set for no and the only option listed is * and yes for allow.  I just can't quite pinpoint what could be causing this issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jaime Kilpatrick

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have "Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers" checked on the greeting of the call handler?

Also, have you ensured UCXN restriction tables allow for it?

HTH,

Chris

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What happens if you dial straight into the external number, you are trying to trransfer to?

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

All,

I figured out the problem.  Even though I did NOT copy an existing call handler.  When it was built from scratch, it had the alternate Transfer enabled.  So, consequently, even though the standard Transfer was setup to transfer etc... the alternate one was set to go to the Greeting.  Once I dug into the call handler (after 4 hours of scratching my head) I disabled the alternate and it started working as I would expect.  That's just a terrible default to set. 

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for posting back with your results here (+5) this always

helps other community members somewhere down the road

Next time you have a problem like this try this Tool from the excellent suite of Unity Tools

to see what info is passed to Unity Connection and what the call flow looks

like. The "visual" aspect of this helps pinpointing issues immensely!

Port Status Remote Monitor for Connection (rPSM)

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band