Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Unity Connection 8.5.1 SU3 to 8.5.1 SU6 & Upgrade to 9.1.2

Two questions !

Firstly  - I am upgrading to the latest patch level as I want to upgrade the systems to 9.1.X

I am installing UCSInstall_UCOS_8.5.1.16900-6.sgn.iso onto the inactive partition on the publisher then onto the inactive partition on the subscriber.

Then I plan to switch versions out of hours.

Question - will messages / data that has happened between the installation on the inactive partition and the switch version be preserved ??

So if I install onto the inactive partition at 1pm, then an important message is left at 2pm and I switch version at 3pm, does the iimportant message exist on the active partition at the end ??

Second question -

I have UCCX-8.5.1 SU4 (HA), CUC 8.5.1 SU6 (HA) and CUCM 8.5.1 SU6 (1 pub, 2 sub) - so 7 VM's in total.

If I want to migrate to -

UCSInstall_UCOS_9.1.2.12900-11.sgn.iso &  UCSInstall_UCCX_9_0_2_UCOS_9.0.2.11002-27.sgn.iso

in which order should the installations take place ?? CUCM Publisher last ?? Publisher first ??

Thanks

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi James, +5 to my friend

Hi James,

+5 to my friend Aman for his good tips here smiley

Messages are preserved during the "switch-version" so the messages left before the command is run will be preserved as they are stored in a "common" partition;

Switching to the Upgraded Version of Connection 8.x Software

If you chose not to automatically switch to the upgraded partition at the end of the upgrade, do the following procedure when you are ready to switch partitions.

To Switch to the Upgraded Version of Connection 8.x Software

Step 1 If you do not have a recent backup, back up the server by using the Disaster Recovery System. For more information, see the Disaster Recovery System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 8.x athttp://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/drs_administration/guide/8xcucdrsag.html.

Step 2 Sign in to Cisco Unified Operating System Administration.

Step 3 From the Settings menu, select Version.

Step 4 On the Version Settings page, select Switch Versions, and the following occurs:

Connection services are stopped.

Data from the partition where the older version is installed is copied to the partition where the newer version is installed. If changes to the database schema require updates to the format of data, that occurs in this step. Note that messages are stored in a common partition, so they are not copied.

The Connection server restarts and switches to the newer version.

Note You can check the status of the installation of the upgrade software by using the CLI command show cuc version. The upgrade is complete when the inactive partition has the upgraded software and the active partition has the old software.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/upgrade/guide/8xcucrugx/8xcucrug009.html#wp1056720

The upgrade order is shown here (above link) as well, which is Pub followed by Sub;

Task List for Upgrading Connection 7.x or 8.x Software to the Shipping 8.x Version in a Connection Cluster

Cheers!

Rob

2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Hi James,While patch is being

Hi James,

While patch is being installed on Inactive partition, the messages would be stored on Active Partition.

Now, if you do switch version[server is being booted], users won't be able to leave messages.

you can refer the link for upgrade

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/upgrade/guide/8xcucrugx/8xcucrug009.html

You should upgrade Publisher first.

regds,

aman

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi James, +5 to my friend

Hi James,

+5 to my friend Aman for his good tips here smiley

Messages are preserved during the "switch-version" so the messages left before the command is run will be preserved as they are stored in a "common" partition;

Switching to the Upgraded Version of Connection 8.x Software

If you chose not to automatically switch to the upgraded partition at the end of the upgrade, do the following procedure when you are ready to switch partitions.

To Switch to the Upgraded Version of Connection 8.x Software

Step 1 If you do not have a recent backup, back up the server by using the Disaster Recovery System. For more information, see the Disaster Recovery System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 8.x athttp://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/drs_administration/guide/8xcucdrsag.html.

Step 2 Sign in to Cisco Unified Operating System Administration.

Step 3 From the Settings menu, select Version.

Step 4 On the Version Settings page, select Switch Versions, and the following occurs:

Connection services are stopped.

Data from the partition where the older version is installed is copied to the partition where the newer version is installed. If changes to the database schema require updates to the format of data, that occurs in this step. Note that messages are stored in a common partition, so they are not copied.

The Connection server restarts and switches to the newer version.

Note You can check the status of the installation of the upgrade software by using the CLI command show cuc version. The upgrade is complete when the inactive partition has the upgraded software and the active partition has the old software.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/upgrade/guide/8xcucrugx/8xcucrug009.html#wp1056720

The upgrade order is shown here (above link) as well, which is Pub followed by Sub;

Task List for Upgrading Connection 7.x or 8.x Software to the Shipping 8.x Version in a Connection Cluster

Cheers!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content