cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Cisco Unity Connection cluster issue 7.1.3 and 7.1.5

Hello,

I am running Cisco Unity Connection in a cluster.

Node 1 - Publisher is running System version: 7.1.3.33039-1

Node 2 - Subscriber is running System version: 7.1.5.32020-1

I'm not sure why we didn't upgrade the publisher first but it is what it is.  I need to upgrade the publisher to the same code as the subscriber because we are running to low virtual memory issue. 

admin:show cuc cluster status

Server Name     Member ID  Server State  Internal State  Reason

--------------  ---------  ------------  --------------  ------

d-unity001  0          Primary       Pri Active      Normal

k-unity001  1          Secondary     Sec Active      Normal

SERVER                 ID STATE    STATUS     QUEUE  CONNECTION CHANGED

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

g_ciscounity_d_unity001  100 Active   Local           0               

g_ciscounity_k_unity001  101 Active   Connected    4295 Oct  2 05:01:02

d is primary and the pulisher, k is the subscriber and secondary.

What are implications doing this upgrade?  What do I need to do to make this upgrade go smoothly?  Do I need to stop calls on the publisher first?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Why did you ever upgrade one server and not the other, it is not supported to run them on different version, I am actually suprised you were able to upgrade Sub without first upgrading the Pub as that is the way it should have been upgraded.

I suggest you either upgreade PUB to the same version ASAP or revert back your Sub to the previous version if it is the same as the Pub.

Either way since you have HA deployment you should not lose any functionality while the PUB is down except for the ability to make any database changes assuming your CUCM is configured to route to both UCONs properly,

HTH,

Chris

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Why did you ever upgrade one server and not the other, it is not supported to run them on different version, I am actually suprised you were able to upgrade Sub without first upgrading the Pub as that is the way it should have been upgraded.

I suggest you either upgreade PUB to the same version ASAP or revert back your Sub to the previous version if it is the same as the Pub.

Either way since you have HA deployment you should not lose any functionality while the PUB is down except for the ability to make any database changes assuming your CUCM is configured to route to both UCONs properly,

HTH,

Chris

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi there,

I would follow Chris's advice to revert the Sub to 7.1(3) as your first step (+5 Chris)

Here are the steps;

Reverting Servers to the Cisco Unity Connection Version on the Inactive Partition

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/upgrade/guide/7xcucrug015.html

Then follow the steps to upgrade the Pub followed by the Sub as shown here;

Upgrading Cisco Unity Connection 7.x to the Shipping 7.x Version

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/upgrade/guide/7xcucrug009.html

I would be worried that if the proper order is not followed for this you could run into a myriad of problems

down the road.

Cheers!

Rob

Community Member

If I revert the SUB back to the inactive partition, wouldn't I lose all the user's I had configured?

* Users  that were added after you upgraded to the new version will no longer  exist after you revert to the version on the inactive partition. You  will have to add the new users again.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi there,

It's possible that you might lose the users created since the Sub was upgraded

but unlikely. Try logging on to the Pub and see if the newly created users exist

on it. If so you should be good to go.

I might open a TAC case to go over the proposed plan and issues just to be safe

Cheers!

Rob

Community Member

Thank you for prompt response Rob.

I have just checked the PUB.  It does contain the same newly created users as on the SUB, which is a good sign.

I have just opened a TAC case to go over a plan.

Thank You again!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content