Cisco Unity Connection - requesting an LDAP sync via REST API
To make things easy for our phone deployment guys, we've got a central system that they use to roll out new extension mobility profiles, voicemail accounts and the like which is confiugred for our common options and only asks them the most basic of questions.
So far, it works like this:
1. Username of user is entered into allocation system
2. A random 6 digit number is generated to act as an initial PIN for phone services, and displayed to the requesting user
2. Free phone number is automatically found and allocated
3. Phone number is automatically/programmatically assigned to the user under the 'ipPhone' field on our Active Directory list of users
4. AXL API is used to request an LDAP sync with our AD on the CUCM Publisher, if one is not already in progress (LDAP sync is configured to only sync/import users who have a non-blank ipPhone field in the AD)
5. Once sync is complete and user has been imported, AXL API is used to configure extension mobility device profile for the user, and the relevant number is allocated to the device profile
6. End User PIN for extension mobility device profile login is set to the generated 6 digit number from above, and set to 'must be changed on next login'
7. REST API is used to request an LDAP sync with our AD on Cisco Unity Connection, if one is not already in progress (LDAP sync is configured to only sync users who have a non-blank ipPhone field in the AD)
8. Once sync is complete, user is fully imported from the local LDAP data with a relevant (voicemail/unified messaging) template
9. Voicemail account PIN is set to the generated 6 digit number from above, and set to 'must be changed on next login'
Step 7 is giving me real problems. I can't find anything in the Cisco Unity Connection API documentation about how to force an LDAP sync with a given configured LDAP directory source. On CUCM this is a fairly trivial API call, but I can't find an equivalent REST call for Unity Connection. We operate on a Just-In-Time model of provisioning, so I don't know what number the user will get allocated until we actually come to provision the extension for them. I thus can't fill in the details on our AD and then wait for the nightly LDAP sync job to run on Unity before doing the rest of the job. Once the LDAP sync has occured, doing an import of the record from the sync'ed data seems to be fairly simple.
So where is the API to actually request an LDAP sync? Does it exist? If not, is it in the pipeline to be added any time soon?
I posted the question to Cisco's product manager for Unity Connection at last year's Cisco Live! event in San Diego. He acknowledged that it was a feature they had received multiple requests for and that they *may* include it in upcoming versions. Nothing definitive.
IntroductionCUCM Routing RulesDial String implementation PolicyCUCM Routing LogicSIP URI Call Routing Analysis+++ Case Study: 1 ++++++ Case Study: 2 +++Conclusion
Over the last few months, I have had the privilege of working on SI...
Are you getting this error “Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported. The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The value UI mode identifiers...