cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection, upgraded to 9.1 blocked ...

Hello ;

I have the following problem ; was undertaken in a company 's upgrade CUCM 8 to CUCM  9 for this part only 20 devices were migrated with their respective line settings , the problem is that when I migrate the unity connection has several flaws , such as that migrated devices they do not like calls to voicemail , even though number is routed to the mailbox does not reach the user box , a way to fix this is to delete the configuration of the box and recreate it , but with this other fault occurs and is not receiving the alert that they have a voice , erasing and again new a user box is good for a few , but not if there is another solution or if you definitely need to delete everything and create all over again when they migrate to other users who are more than 5000 ? . How fix the failure message alert on the device?

Set the current environment is that users are production CUCM 8 and CUCM 9 there are 20 , they communicate with each other by a trunk ( trunk intercluster ), the unity already configured version 9 but with the above mentioned problems and unity version 8 is operating normally for users who have not migrated yet. I can not migrate the remaining 20 users until the few who are functioning properly migrated your voice mailbox .

Attached is a picture where you can see as an intern is inactive.

Thanks for your kind AYUA .

Greetings .

Rodrigo Ruiz

1 Reply 1

davrojas
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Paolo,

By this: "..in a company 's upgrade CUCM 8 to CUCM  9 for this part only 20 devices were migrated with their respective line settings"    AND  "Set the current environment is that users are production CUCM 8 and CUCM 9 there are 20 , they communicate with each other by a trunk ( trunk intercluster )"

If i understood this right you have actually two different CUCM servers connected via a trunk (cucm 8.x  --inter cluster trunk-- cucm 9.x)

By this: "even though number is routed to the  mailbox does not reach the user box , a way to fix this is to delete the  configuration of the box and recreate it , but with this other fault  occurs and is not receiving the alert that they have a voice"

It seems calls reach CUC but not to the intended migrated voicemails box and if you recreate the voicemail box for the user the MWI (Message Waiting Indicator) stops working.

Based on the screenshot it looks like you have an AXL integration.

To me your call flow deployment looks somewhat like this: 

CUC - sccp/sip- CUCM 8.x -trunk- CUCM 9.x          &&    CUC -axl- CUCM 8.x

So you would basically have only one Phone System on CUC integrated with CUCM 8.x.

My recommendation for the MWI issue would be to create a second Phone System that integrates also with CUCM 9.x use just a couple of ports to test it out, this of course also along a paralell Hunt Pilot that will reach those test ports. This is to avoid trying to send the  MWI notification via the inter-cluster trunk.

Now for the user recreation part, do you re-import them via axl or just create them locally, if done locally i would probably say it's due to tied tables with the CUCM 8.x server.

This is the only i can think right now, any additional input you can share will be appreciated.

-davrojpec