Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection version: 8.0.3.10000-18

ZoeTaite48
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We just installed a new CUCM system. We don't have any managed services, so I was wondering if anyone knows how to update the greeting within one of our call handlers?

I know there is an option to record via phone within the settings, but our intergrator had our call center record all our greeting/prompts in a .wav file. I have looked, but don't see any options that allow you to load these types of files in the system.

Thank you

ZT

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you want repeatable access to be able to manage prompts on your own, you'll need to read up on the Greetings Administrator.  Refer here for the proper documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag150.html

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hello

if a few greeting files,  I used the audio jack to loop back notebook between audio port and microphone port.

used any software to open .wav file and used soft phone to record it to Unity Connection Server.

seem stupid solution but ok.

ZoeTaite48
Level 1
Level 1

If I end up using the media master to record the greeting how do I promote it into Production? I was able to record the new greeting using one of our Cisco 7962 phones.

ZT

Note that anytime you use the plug-in in the CUC Administration, Cisco PCA (end user portal), or a plug-in app like VMO for Outlook that lets you connect to Unity Connection and take your phone off-hook, then you are using the Media Master controls.

The best, long-term solution that I suggest you employ is to read up on Greetings Administrator as previously noted and then configure it.  There are also some supporting pieces that need to be covered but you can read about them in the configuration guide.  When you use CUGA, you can go directly to a Call Handler greeting and change it for production use immediately (as soon as you verify the recording).  Don't go for quirks or short-term solutions, do it right now and you'll be better off for it in the long run.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: