Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Unity Connection Voice Mail to e-mail

Hi all

Im trying to make the voicemail get to the e-mail of each user, i add a smtp server on System Settings>>SMTP Configuration>>Smart Host, then i go to the users in Edit>>Edit Message Actions>>Voicemail>>Accept and Relay the Message,   Relay Address>>(email of user)

Whit this the Unity is not sending email notificacions so i added the next configuration un the User Edit>>Notification Devices>>STMP>>Enable and on the To** i added the user email again, whit this the email is still not been sent.

What am i missing here ? the SMTP server does allow sending email whitout Authentication i try in my laptop and works.

Can someone help me here ?

Regards

3 REPLIES

It could be that the SMTP

It could be that the SMTP relay not accepting messages from Unity Connection. There is a cmd from the CLI to test outgoing emails: run cuc smtptest <email address>. I would look at the traces related to SMTP in RTMT and get the error code when it fails sending an email out.

Please rate helpful answers! 

HiI try it and i get the

Hi

I try it and i get the following error

ACE_File_Lock::ACE_File_Lock: Permission denied /dev/shm/CCM_GENstatusLock_0

A test email with the subject 'Cisco Connection Test Message' has been sent to mmusquiz@gn-corp.com.
Please check the destination email account and reply to the message.

Waiting for reply... (ctrl-C to abort)

SMTP Test FAILED: Configuration error: The Incoming SMTP address in SpeechView settings is missing or invalid.

Regards

then, look at the RTMT traces

then, look at the RTMT traces. It would definetly tell the error message when it fails. I believe you would have to look at the Connection Conversation Manager:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/troubleshooting/guide/8xcuctsgx/8xcuctsg010.html#wp1085548

Hope this help!

Views
Helpful
Replies