Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection Voice Mail to e-mail

Mario Musquiz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Im trying to make the voicemail get to the e-mail of each user, i add a smtp server on System Settings>>SMTP Configuration>>Smart Host, then i go to the users in Edit>>Edit Message Actions>>Voicemail>>Accept and Relay the Message,   Relay Address>>(email of user)

Whit this the Unity is not sending email notificacions so i added the next configuration un the User Edit>>Notification Devices>>STMP>>Enable and on the To** i added the user email again, whit this the email is still not been sent.

What am i missing here ? the SMTP server does allow sending email whitout Authentication i try in my laptop and works.

Can someone help me here ?

Regards

3 Replies 3

Amine Nouasri
Level 3
Level 3

It could be that the SMTP relay not accepting messages from Unity Connection. There is a cmd from the CLI to test outgoing emails: run cuc smtptest <email address>. I would look at the traces related to SMTP in RTMT and get the error code when it fails sending an email out.

Please rate helpful answers! 

Hi

I try it and i get the following error

ACE_File_Lock::ACE_File_Lock: Permission denied /dev/shm/CCM_GENstatusLock_0

A test email with the subject 'Cisco Connection Test Message' has been sent to mmusquiz@gn-corp.com.
Please check the destination email account and reply to the message.

Waiting for reply... (ctrl-C to abort)

SMTP Test FAILED: Configuration error: The Incoming SMTP address in SpeechView settings is missing or invalid.

Regards

then, look at the RTMT traces. It would definetly tell the error message when it fails. I believe you would have to look at the Connection Conversation Manager:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/troubleshooting/guide/8xcuctsgx/8xcuctsg010.html#wp1085548

Hope this help!