cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Express 8.6 Configuration

Network Admin
Level 1
Level 1

We have a CME 8.6 Router(3945) with CUE 8.6 (ISM-SRE-300-K9  Module ) . I have some Concern regarding the installation and configuration of CUE.

1. Does  Cisco Ships CUE 8.6 Application  Pre-installed on ISM-SRE-300-K9  Module   ?
  2. What is the initial Status of CUE in ISM-SRE-300-K9  Module  when it is shipped ?
  3. Do we have to restore CUE to factory setting and upload/install CUE from scratch ?
  4. OR Can i directly give the interface IP Addresses and go straight to CUE- GUI  Interface?
  5. As i have ordered  three languages ( Saudi Arabian Arabic , British and North American English)  these language packs are available with in the Module when it was shipped ? or Do i have to download and install ?

ISM-SRE-300-K9Internal Services Module (ISM) with Services Ready Engine
CON-SAU-ISRE300SW APP SUPP + UPGR Internal Services Module (ISM) with SRE
SCUE-ISM-8.6-K9Cisco Unity Express Release 8.6
CUE-LANG-ARACisco Unity Express - Saudi Arabian Arabic
CUE-LANG-ENGCisco Unity Express - British English
CUE-LANG-ENUCisco Unity Express - North American English
FL-CUE-MBX-5Unity Express License - 5 Mailbox - CUCM and CUCME
FL-CUE-IVR-2Unity Express License - 2 IVR Session
FL-CUE-PORT-2Unity Express License - 2 Port
FL-CUE-NR-PORT-2Unity Express License - Non Re-hostable - 2 Port
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

I recently installed one of these modules and my experience was the device didn't come with any software installed.  I had to download and install the software/language packs from cisco.com.

View solution in original post

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

As Brian mentioned, ISM/SM-SRE modules, are shipped with no software preinstalled, since the module supports several different applications, and hence they decided to not preinstall any software.

Basically you receive an empty box, ready to be installed/deployed.

Cisco SRE Service Module Configuration and Installation Guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/interfaces/software/feature/guide/ism-sm-sre.html

HTH

~jorge

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

I recently installed one of these modules and my experience was the device didn't come with any software installed.  I had to download and install the software/language packs from cisco.com.

@Brian Meade & @ joarmijo

Thanks for you valuable comments !!  But still i wonder why cisco asking us to choose the CUE version and Prefered languages at the time of ordering , when we select ISM-SRE-300-K9.

SCUE-ISM-8.6-K9Cisco Unity Express Release 8.6
CUE-LANG-ARACisco Unity Express - Saudi Arabian Arabic
CUE-LANG-ENGCisco Unity Express - British English
CUE-LANG-ENUCisco Unity Express - North American English

That may just allow you the option to download the files on cisco.com.

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

As Brian mentioned, ISM/SM-SRE modules, are shipped with no software preinstalled, since the module supports several different applications, and hence they decided to not preinstall any software.

Basically you receive an empty box, ready to be installed/deployed.

Cisco SRE Service Module Configuration and Installation Guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/interfaces/software/feature/guide/ism-sm-sre.html

HTH

~jorge

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: