Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Unity Express license

Is the license for unity cumulative ? Because each license have a priority and license count.

If I install license for 8 ports, and then I install another license for 2-Port add on, that warning is appear : "Failed:New count is less than existing count".

When I show license all, I can see this each license have a priority, and with two license have the same priority, Unity will use license has a higher license count.

So I want to ask, how the Cisco Unity Express licensing work? I dont have much experience with CUE, please tell me about the licensing.

2 REPLIES

Re: Cisco Unity Express license

We had the same problem with mailbox licenses and I've opened a case with TAC about it.

They said that the Cisco Unity Express licenses are not cumulative licenses.

So if you have an 8+2 port licenses you have to generate a 10 port license through Cisco Licensing Team (I don't know if it works over licensing portal).

Re: Cisco Unity Express license

Thanks for your reply. I have opened a TAC case, too. But TAC engineer said that CUE license is cummulative. She re-generate the licenses for me 3 times but not work. May be information from TAC is not synchronized between each other. I think I should request for 10 ports license file as you tell me. Thank you.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content