Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity latest version

cm6043
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Could you tell me what is the latest version of CISCO Unity ? Also, how many component and devices I want to buy for about 70 voice mail?

Thanks

Leung Che Man

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The latest version of Cisco Unity that I would recommend to a customer is 7.0.  The most current version you can buy is 8.0.  70 users is a really small deployment so what you buy would really depend on your requirements.  Unity can be deployed as UM or voicemail only.  For UM, you could buy a 7825 server with and licensing for your users and have plenty of capacity left assuming you have no redundancy requirement.  If you are going to go voicemail only, I would recommend Unity Connection instead.  Recommended version right now would be 7.1(3b)SU2; however, 8.0 is available.  As an alternative, if you do not already have CUCM - then you could opt for the CUCM Business Edition which is more than adequate for your user base (size wise) and includes both CUCM and Unity Connection co-installed on a custom 7828 server platform.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: