Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Profile, Hunt Pilot

Yannick Vranckx
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I'm a bit unfamiliar with Cisco Unity but i was wondering if it is possible to make a unity profile for a hunt pilot.

The sitaution would be that customers would hit the pilot and when there is no one to answer the phone in the hunt it should go to voicemail.

Now i know that you can make a unity box with an extension known in CuCM so that you can dial the unity connection, but i've noticed the feedback is directly pincode and not extension.

Is there a way to configure this? So that the users in the hunt group can access the voicemailbox where the hunt group falls back when there is no pickup.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Yannick,

This type of set up can be accomplished in many ways. Here is one example

In this example we want the calls that route through the Hunt Pilot @ 5000

to ultimately end up in a new shared Group mailbox  @ 2355

We will also be adding 2355 to at least one of the group phones (spare line button)

so they can have a visual indication when a new message is left.

Hunt Pilot Configuration

Hunt Forward Settings

Forward Hunt No Answer - to Voicemail Pilot #

Forward Hunt Busy - to Voicemail Pilot #

**This is KEY make the Hunt Pilot DN an Alternate Extension on the desired mailbox.**

The  Hunt Pilot number is 5000 and the mailbox you want to use is  2355. Set  the Hunt Pilot to Forward (CFNA/CFB) to the Unity Connection Pilot #  with  the settings shown above.

Create a mailbox for 2355  (this number can be on multiple phones if you like) and add 5000 as an  Alternate Extension. When the call  routes through to Unity Connection  via the Hunt Pilot No Answer Unity Connection should see  the CLID of  5000 which will then be connected to the Mailbox on 2355.

If this is not what you want just let us know & we'll come up with plan B If you just wanted a mailbox on 5000

itself that will work as well but you won't have a visual. You can generally check these mailboxes by pressing

the message button and when the system asks for a PIN - Press * enter 5000# - enter PIN.

Cheers!

Rob

"Seek it out and ye shall find  " 

- OneRepublic