Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity, setting up information mailbox

latintrpt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm looking to set up an informational mailbox.  Basically a user would call in to this mailbox and listen to a message that someone left on there.  They would not be required to log on to this mailbox with a username and password.  I was thinking I could set this up using a CTI port and a call handler but I want a user that has a phone to be able to leave a message on this mailbox for other's to dial in and listen to.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

Yes you can do this with the greetings administrator. The CTI RP pointing to a call handler will work fine. Just add the greetings administrator option to the persons subscriber caller input options. Then they can change the call handlers greeting when they want to.

Couple things.  Tracy is correct - go with the CTI Route Point and then create a Call Handler (not a mailbox) for this purpose.  Make the Call Handler the extension you want users to dial to hear the informational message.  Your CTI Route Point should be configured as this extension and CFWD All to voicemail.  You also need to set up CUGA.  You would assign an extension to CUGA and configure a CTI route point as well for this.  In the forwarding rules, you'll need to set up a direct / forwarded routing rule that points to CUGA when the applicable extension is dialed.

If you are using Unity, you don't add the CUGA option to a user.  You would need to make either a single user or a distribution list (containing multiple users) an owner of the Call Handler.  When these users call into CUGA, they will authenticate with their voicemail credentials and then enter the extension for the Call Handler in order to manage the greetings.

If you are using Unity Connection, you just need to add the CUGA role to each user and also make them an owner of the Call Handler.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thank You both for your help

Is there anyway to make the message long for the information mailbox so that a user can leave let's say a 5 - 10 minutes message?

Hi there,

The Greeting Length for a Call Handler is determined by the COS of the person recording the Greeting. Have a look;

Class of Service Settings

The class of service greetings setting specifies the maximum length of greetings.

Subscribers > Class of Service > Greetings Page

Field Considerations

Maximum Greeting Length in Seconds

Select the recording length allowed to subscribers assigned to this COS for recording greetings.

The range is 1 to 999 seconds; the default is 90 seconds.

Edit Class of Service

Recorded Name
Seconds

Directory Listing

Greetings
Seconds

Cheers!

Rob

Let me ask for a clarification:

1) Do you want the GREETING for the Call Handler to be able to be 5-10 minutes in length?

OR

2) Do you want callers to be able to leave a voice message as part of an after greeting action for a Call Handler and the message would be 5-10 minutes in length?

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: