Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VG for the PSTN SIP

Chi Fai Leung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm preparing a VG with SRST for the remote office and I will use the "CISCO2921-V/K9".

Should I purchase the Cisco Unified Border Element sessions license for the SIP PSTN? (CISCO2921-V/K9 have the FL-CUBEE-5 x 2 as the default) If I use the SIP PSTN service, then I must buy the FL-CUBEE license? Can I ignore that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A VG will use up a CUBE session when both call legs are SIP, ie. Call leg to CUCM and ITSP.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

The PAK that comes free gives you a total of 10 sessions. If you SIP trunk is going to have more than 10 session, then you need to order addition FL-CUBEE licenses. You have to buy FL-CUBEE licenses to match up the number of sessions that the ITSP provisions for you. 

Thanks Thomas!

When the call use the CUBEE license? Is it outgoing SIP PSTN calls only? Not count the session license when calls to CUCM SIP trunk?

A VG will use up a CUBE session when both call legs are SIP, ie. Call leg to CUCM and ITSP.

Will drop my leg calls when the session exceeded the installed license?

Nope, CUBE session licenses are honor based.

Thanks~

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: