Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco with WIFI calling

Hi,

I have read about wifi calling and that it is deployed in US by T-Mobile. And Cisco helped in this through Cisco wireless technology that guarantee QOS

Only I need to know what role Cisco do in this ? and if Cisco is main and a must in this solution. or only Cisco provide wireless access points and mobile operators can deploy the solution without Cisco

I need to know why Cisco should be preferred in this solution ?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you provide us with the url to this article?

cheers

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi,

The link is

http://blogs.cisco.com/wireless/cisco-and-t-mobile-team-to-deliver-a-wi-fi-calling-solution-with-an-enterprise-class-voice-ready-wireless-lan

The article was from 2010

I think T-Mobile provide this solution from about 4-years

So If I find a good role for Cisco in this solution. I could introduce it to our mobile operators here in my country. But from what I read, I think Cisco could only share in the part of wireless APs and the operator can use his own hotspots

Thanks

So is there a Cisco end to end solution for wifi calling ?

So is there a Cisco end to end solution for wifi calling ?

Yes and no. 

Cisco 7925G/7926G supports only SCCP. 

Cisco 9971 supports SIP only. 

All models require a "call management server" of some sort (and NOT necessarily Cisco).  You can use, for example, a third-party call server like Asterisk to do WiFi calling in your own home or premises.  

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I'm guessing you're talking about the WiFi calling feature that Apple announced for the latest iPhones.

Although Cisco were probably involved in designed the specs for WiFi QoS, I don't think there's a need to have WiFI QoS for Apple's WiFi calling to work. Remember, that Apple target consumers, not corporate. So how many consumers are going to have a WiFi router that supports advanced features like QoS?

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: