Views
Helpful
Replies

CIUS on CUCM 8.5.1.11900

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As per Cius data sheet, it supports on CUCM8.5.1 and 8.6 but I cannot find a device option "Cisco Cius" on CUCM8.5.1 even I installed Cius COP file.

How to configure Cius device on CUCM8.5.1.11900 (unrestricted)?

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vipul Jindal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you need to install the latest device pack as well. you can find the device pack on the cisco.com.

thanks,

Vipul jindal

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you done a cluster reboot after installing the cop file?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You don't need to do a cluster reboot after installing the cop file, just restart the TFTP service on all servers running this service in the cluster. Once complete the CIUS should appear in the device drop-down list.

Vipul Jindal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you need to install the latest device pack as well. you can find the device pack on the cisco.com.

thanks,

Vipul jindal

Thanks Vipul, resolved by installing latest device pack.

Guys,

I have a Cius and trying to connect to UCM. Where is best place to find installation guide?

UCM is 7.13, but i understand minimum version is 7.15?

What are the settings for registering within the UCM?

Any help much appreciated.

The way to configure the CIUS is exactly the same as any other phone.

Add new phone -> CIUS -> MAC address and your regular settings (DP, security mode, etc) then add the DN.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Use the Ethernet MAC not the wireless MAC, regardless of your connection media. The CIUS uses the Ethernet MAC during registration.

Thanks for all your help. CIUS is registered to UCM 8.6 now, but getting rejected on the registration? Can see the registration on the UCM with an ip address. any ideas?

On first registration the CIUS looks to have registered but the telephony isn't available for some time (a few minutes) whilst it upgrades firmware etc. If it still doesn't complete it's registration after 5-10 minutes then use the status messages (I think it's Settings>>About>>Status Messages) on the CIUS to identify any issues.

Thanks. Yes i can see from browsing the CIUS it's showing:

HTTP no error : SEP6400F11676.cnf.xml

In the UCM i've just added as a CIUS, and put the mac-address as 6400F11XXX etc.

Is this correct?

Yes, that looks correct

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

How can i download 8.5.1.13032-1 ?

hello,

if u need a specific ES, you need to open a tac case and tac engineer can publish it for u.

thanks,

Vipul Jindal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: