Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI problems from QSIG clients

paul.higgsboyo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

The scenario is we have a CUCM6.1.2, a Meridian system and an H323 gateway with two PRIs connected.

On the H323 Gateway Serial0/0/0:15 is a primary-net5 that goes to the PSTN and Serial0/1/0:15 is a primary-qsig that goes to a Meridian system.

When users make calls out to the PSTN from the CUCM they send a 4 digit CLI that is passed to the exchange successfully and the correct number is displayed at the called number

When users on the Meridian call out to the PSTN the call comes in to the gateway on s0/1/0:15 and has the correct 4 digit calling party number and is routed to s0/0/0:15 without going to the CUCM. When a circuit is picked up on s0/0/0:15 the 4 digit calling party number is still correct but the base number is displayed at the called number.

I suspect the problem is the conversion of the calling party number from the qsig format to q931 format as we are getting this error:

Jun 2 10:38:31.588: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- CALL_PROC pd = 8 callref = 0x8429

Channel ID i = 0xA9839F

Exclusive, Channel 31

Facility i = 0x91A40702020100810101

Protocol Profile = Remote Operations Protocol

0xA40702020100810101

Component = Reject component

Invoke Id = 256

Problem = Invoke problem; Unrecognized operation

I have attached a debug and the configuration of the gateway. By the way, this site is in Germany and the users in Germany use "0" for an outside line on the CUCM and Meridian. To keep configuration clear on the gateway the Meridian system translates the leading "0" to a "9" and that is why the called number coming in from the qsig link is prefixed with a 9.

"Internal" calls between the two systems display the correct calling information.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, it's just type/plan. I wanted to be sure before saying:

interface x/y (to pstn)

isdn map address . type unknown plan unknown

You can also block sending the qsig message with "no isdn outgoing ie facility" or something like that, it doesn't make a difference anyway.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

To create Cisco Unified Communications Manager compatibility with your version of the QSIG protocol, configure the ASN.1 ROSE OID Encoding and QSIG Variant service parameters.

When a PBX connects to a gateway that is using QSIG via H.323, calls that occur between phones on the PBX and IP phones that are attached to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager can have only basic PRI functionality. The gateway that terminates the QSIG protocol provides only the Calling Line Identification (CLID) and Direct Inward Dialed (DID) number rather than Cisco Unified Communications Manager providing the information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmsys/a08procl.html

Thanks for your reply but the problem I am having is calls from the Meridian system not presenting CLID to the called number over the PSTN. Therefore the problem appears to lie within the config of the router as the call doesnt interact with the callmanager.

Calls between the Meridian and CCM and visa versa are good and present the correct CLID to the called party.

Any ideas?

Take a "debug isdn q931" for the call that get to show correct CLI. This way, we can see which type/plan to set.

The debug Q931 attached contains both a call from the QSIG client to the PSTN and a good call from the CCM to the PSTN that sets the correct calling number.

Like I said, the call from the QSIG client (Meridian phone) does send the correct CLID but the base number is displayed at the called party.

Yes, it's just type/plan. I wanted to be sure before saying:

interface x/y (to pstn)

isdn map address . type unknown plan unknown

You can also block sending the qsig message with "no isdn outgoing ie facility" or something like that, it doesn't make a difference anyway.

Good call, take 5 points.

Cheers,

Paul.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: