cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client matter codes for internal calls over WAN

trabercozad
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if its possible to impliment client matter codes for internal calls?  The customer has several companies on a single cluster connected via WAN.  Currently they are not using the WAN to route calls between the companies, but are going out the PSTN.  They want to minimize their phone bill by utilizing the WAN for these calls, however they require Client Matter Codes for the calls.  Right now when company A calls company B they are dialing 9.1XXXXXXXXXX -> PSTN.  They want to dial the same way, 9.1XXXXXXXXXX but for their DID ranges want it to go over the WAN.  That part works fine, but I cant find a way to ask for client matter codes in that scenario.  Thanks,

-Traber

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not possible, CMC and FAC, only work for calls going thru a route pattern.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That has been my experience.  I have managed to work around it with h.323 gateways though(will not work with MGCP obviously).  voip dial-peer on the gateway with destination pattern 312....... pointed to CM(cutomer is using 10 digit ext's).  Route pattern of 91.312XXXXXXX strip pre-dot and pointed to the h323 gateway.  Call is completed over the WAN and allows Client Matter Code.  Not ideal I know, but it works.   I just figured this out and appreciate your response. 

Thanks,

-Traber