cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clinic manager is requesting NO voicemail between 8 am and 5 pm

James Gladwell
Level 1
Level 1

I know this has to be possible, but I am still new to Unity Connection and I bet I have overlooked it a dozen times trying to get this setup.

How can I turn off the forward to voicemail during business hours?  She wants her staff to answer the call, not let it go to voicemail.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can configure the schedule in CUC, and configure the behavior you desire (route to someone else, no VM, etc.)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ok, I found where I can create a new schedule, assign times to it, etc.

I even found in the user information where I can assign that schedule to the extension.  It does not seem to do anything.  For example, I made the times on the schedule I created (test_schedule) between 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm.

I then went to my test extension and assigned the "test_schedule" to it and placed a call.  It went to voicemail.

Thanks

And have you configured the schedule and the closed greeting as desired??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have the schedule created.  I don't know what to do with the greetings, though.  

If I want the phone to ring until someone picks it up between 8 am and 5 pm, what greeting would I change?  She only wants voicemail after hours.

If I want the phone to ring until someone picks it up between 8 am and 5 pm, what greeting would I change?

This is not up to CUC. CUCM makes the decision when to stop ringing the DN and send it to voicemail based on the CFNA Timer. There are two ways I can think of accomplishing this with slightly different caller experiences:

1. Create two DNs on the phone with the same extension but in different partitions. Configure CFNA and a normal timer on the after-hours one but no call forwarding and a very high CFNA timer (to prevent busyout) on the daytime one. Yes, this will consume two PLKs on the phone. Then use CUCM Time of Day routing to expose the desired partition/DN. In this scenario you do not need to do additional configuration in CUC.
  2. Configure the Standard [open] and Closed [after hours] greetings such that the Standard greeting doesn't allow a message to be taken. For example, the after greeting action could be to send to a call handler that advises the caller a message cannot be left at this time. You can use Bulk Edit to update existing mailboxes. In this scenario, you do not need to do additional configuration in CUCM; however, the phone cannot ring longer than the normal CFNA Timer, typically 18 or 24 seconds.

Also note that scenario one would allow the switchboard to send a caller directly to voicemail still. Whether this is desired or not may depend on your environment.