Views
Helpful
Replies

Cluster issue

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

In our company we have a callmanager 6.1 cluster. I needed the server for something else and I did a powerdown of the subscriber. The subscriber was the primary callmanager for the phone's/gateways and CTI ports.

The subscriber drive I put on my desk and used a new drive to make a LAB test.

The system was running on publisher for 1 month, and during this time I made several changes like speed dials/BLF, changes in directory numbers, hunt group configuration etc.

So we can be sure that data on pub and sub are not the same anymore.

When I switched on the subscriber, very weird things were happening, suddenly people were logged in or out (Extension Mobility) some BLF and speedials dissapeared, in short is was messy. I solved it by making the pub the primary callmanager for the cluster and after a reset all became stable. I did a cluster reset and when the database was synchronized, I changed callmanager order again.

So it seems to me that you should never do this, and if a subscriber is defect, but not the drive of the sub, but powersupply or motherboard, you should not simply switch on the sub and think that everything will be OK. Doesn't callmanager have a sort mechanism to prevent this?

Thanks,

Jan

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can only perform changes in the Publisher or when a subscriber has a connection to the PUB.

The moment the connection is lost the DB locks down and you cannot do absolutely anything via the web interface.

Your version doesn't even have the UFF feature so you shouldn't be able to do absolutely anything in the SUB.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

The sub was disconnected from the newtork, we only had the pub up and running. And I can make changes on the pub (which I did)

Only when the sub was brought back online (with the drive and data from one month ago) we saw that phone's took the "old" data from the subscriber. The primary callmanager was the subscriber, and backup the publisher.

This caused some strange behaviors, like people suddenly logged out or logged in and missing speed dials. Basically they got the status and configuration from one month ago.

I wasn't expecting this.

Thanks,

Jan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: