cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 5.1 Conferencing problem

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem conferencing 7961s togehter within the same reqion on a fairly new CM5.1(3) install. My software CFB is registered and I also have a local hardware CFB that is registered. I've tried both in my MRG/MGRL. When I press the conference softkey the second time, I hear the annunciator beep and then re-order tone. I do NOT get a message that "no conference resources" available. My service parameters show a default intra-region codec of G711/G723.

I do not have transcoders defined but, I wouldn't think that would be an issue since I'm staying within region and G711 is my default. The only other thing I should add is the fact that the remote iste is connected via a VPN tunnel via ASAs. I have the phone subnet and CM subnet defined in the ASA access lists, and since the register and all other call setup/call control works, I would not think the VPN/routing would be an issue. Am I missing something simple here? THANKS!

Mike.

1 Reply 1

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

In order to resolve this issue, disable the Advertise G.722 Codec Cisco CallManager Enterpise Service Parameter, and reset the device pools:

This is further documented in Cisco bug ID CSCsi61965.

When the service parameter is enabled, it allows these TNP/third generation Cisco IP Phones to negotiate and use the G.722 codec when calls are within the same region. Because of a lack of support for the codec type, this causes interoperability problem symptoms, such as call disconnects, for these features:

Ad-hoc Conferencing

Call Park

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: