cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 5.1 Conferencing problem

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem conferencing 7961s togehter within the same reqion on a fairly new CM5.1(3) install. My software CFB is registered and I also have a local hardware CFB that is registered. I've tried both in my MRG/MGRL. When I press the conference softkey the second time, I hear the annunciator beep and then re-order tone. I do NOT get a message that "no conference resources" available. My service parameters show a default intra-region codec of G711/G723.

I do not have transcoders defined but, I wouldn't think that would be an issue since I'm staying within region and G711 is my default. The only other thing I should add is the fact that the remote iste is connected via a VPN tunnel via ASAs. I have the phone subnet and CM subnet defined in the ASA access lists, and since the register and all other call setup/call control works, I would not think the VPN/routing would be an issue. Am I missing something simple here? THANKS!

Mike.

1 Reply 1

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

In order to resolve this issue, disable the Advertise G.722 Codec Cisco CallManager Enterpise Service Parameter, and reset the device pools:

This is further documented in Cisco bug ID CSCsi61965.

When the service parameter is enabled, it allows these TNP/third generation Cisco IP Phones to negotiate and use the G.722 codec when calls are within the same region. Because of a lack of support for the codec type, this causes interoperability problem symptoms, such as call disconnects, for these features:

Ad-hoc Conferencing

Call Park