Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 5.1 - Phones registers repeatdely

spvaidya
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i've 5.1 (Pub&Sub) and all sccp phones. Last couple of days am facing problem with phones. Phone do not give the dial tone, i discovered if i take out SUBscriber from my network they work, but all devices repeatedly reregister themselves with the CM frequently.

My Priority for registration is first SUB and then PUB.

I noticed, one of the hard drive of my SUBscriber is not working so kept the SUB out of my network and changed the priority of registration to PUB first in the CM. But the phones still behave same.( re register with the CM)

Is this a bug in 5.1?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

i think u have to take a look at ur network and check voice vlan and monitor ur switches sometimes broadcast storms on voice VLAN cause the IP phones to re-register with CCM.

generally once an ip phone lose its keepalives with its configured CCM, it tries to re-register with the configured prioritised CCM list.

hth

please rate helpful posts

/majdi

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

i think u have to take a look at ur network and check voice vlan and monitor ur switches sometimes broadcast storms on voice VLAN cause the IP phones to re-register with CCM.

generally once an ip phone lose its keepalives with its configured CCM, it tries to re-register with the configured prioritised CCM list.

hth

please rate helpful posts

/majdi

Hi majdi,

thanks for your suggestion, I found the CM port on the switch was flapping frequently. and hence phone trying with keep live messages was getting reregister.

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: