cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cm 5 database

mymite060708
Level 1
Level 1

is the cm5 database completely locked down now or you can still run SQL queries against the database or create a new database under the structure as you could in version 4x?

8 Replies 8

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I am not sure about creating a new database, but definitely you can run commands to add, update items in the database via command line. I have had to do that for some temp bug fixes.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

To add to Shakar's note, you can run queries from the CLI using the command "run sql" to retrieve data from the database. Adding database is not allowed.

mymite060708
Level 1
Level 1

is there a copy of the database table names and schema anywhere?

also have you had any joy with using the file get method from the CLI? I keep getting " Error cannot contact SFTP server on port 22"

to know what DB and table CM contains, you can use the command "show tech tables" this is give u a DBDump in a text file.

Yes, I've used CLI to get files from SFTP server. Do you have an SFTP Server configured and accepting connections ?? You need SFTP Server to download a file from CM using CLI

If looking for a SFTP freeware server for Windows, try Freeftpd.

http://www.sofotex.com/FreeFTPd-download_L30099.html

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

There is a free IBM Informix ODBC driver here: http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/search.jsp?rs=ifxic

You just need to register a name and email address to get it. However how you configure the options (protocol/setnet/etc) I don't know but I think this is a good step to being able to use something a bit more friendly that the sql utils provided.

Anyone know how to configure the options?

Anyone figure this out yet?

I spoke to a TAC guy about this yesterday - he said they are getting a tonne of complaints about this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: