Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CM 6.1 services stopping

I have recently installed CM 6.1 in a VMWare environment for testing. The install went smoothly, but I am having issues now.

There are several services that will start, but then they shut down after less than a minute, including the Call Manager and TFTP services.

All I have done on this is to change the Call Manager name from localhost to the IP address. I have tried restarting the license server and also rebooting the server to see if that helps.

I am using the starter license it comes with.

I don't see anything in the trace files since the services drop before anything can talk to them.

I can start the service manually, but it stops again after less than a minute.

Are there any logs I can look at to see what might be causing this?

1 REPLY

Re: CM 6.1 services stopping

If I change the hostname back to localhost from the IP address then the Call Manager and TFTP services stay running, but the phones still won't register.

I get the initial TFTP transfer for the .cnf.xml file, but I am guessing it is telling the phone to register with localhost so it isn't going out to the CM.

Are there any other changes I need to make besides the server name in system->server to use the IP address?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content