Helpful
Replies

CM 7.0 LAB Kit. Will it run on VMWare ?

shahedvoicerite
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco is offering a LAB ONLY kit for CM 7.0

The part number is CM7.0-K9-LAB

Does anyone know, if this will run on VMWare ?

I know that CM 6.0 was also offered by cisco as a part of CUAE dev kit, and that did work on VMWare.

Has anyone tried this ?

Thanks

15 Replies 15

Yes, it does run on VMWare.

david

I haven't been able to successfully build in VMWare, after it reboots I get "Kernel panic - sync failed: attempted to kill init". My VMWare builds of 5.x & 6.x are fine, but not 7

Have you done anything different in the settings? Could you explain what settings you've used? Thanks.

Hi,

I have recently done an install of CUCM7.0 on Vmware without any issues. Its same as installing ccm6.X..I did use a vmware workstation6...Selected red enterprise linux 3 as the guest OS and make sure you have memoey set to 1024MB..

Before you install makesure you run a mdedia check, cos if you dont you may run into trouble

Please rate all useful posts

I have a CUCM 7.x running on VMware fine.

Be sure to give it at least a 80 GB HD or you will run into problems.

hth,

nick

To add to what Nick posted - Create the partition size to 80gb and also choose the option to allocate it in 2gb chunks.

Hi,

I've attempted to build CUCM7 in VMware (no issues with 5/6) 2gb ram 80gb hdd.

But reading through a few posts on the internet - the AMD processors aren't currently supported in the CUCM7 build software.

Has anyone gotten CUCM7 working with VMware based on a Host platform with an AMD Processor?

Regards,

Mike.

Mike,

We are experiencing the same issue with our VMWare servers that have AMD processors but, as many others have stated, not with Intel based systems.

We are seeking resolution from Cisco via out Channel support engineers since we have been told my TAC and PDI that this is not a platform supported in production and therefore they are unable to comment.

This is a problem that needs to be addressed and I hope that a resolution will be offered in the near future.

If we get any additional information I will post it to this thread.

Thanks,

Mike

chadlincoln
Level 3
Level 3

I have the NFR kit and am running ESXi. I currently have:

CCM7 Pub

CCM7 Sub

CCM7 Business Edition

UC7

ER7

MPE7

UCCX7

Mobility7

MPE2

CUP7

Chad,

I am sure that physical server hardware that you are running ESXi on is a system with intel processors, am I correct? The issue that Mike is having is with systems running vmware on AMD processors.

We have tested and all linux-based UC 7.x product installs fail on vmware ESX, ESXi, GSX, and Workstation when the vmware server hardware is a system with AMD processors.

I hope that helps to clarify the issue.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi everyone,

So it sounds like it's the same problem I've come across using the AMD processors, everything works fine on Intel.

Thanks for the feedback,

Regards Mike.

I was told by a channel support engineer today that this problem is resolved in 7.1 of CUCM.

That's great - thanks for the update Michael, do you know when 7.1 will be released.

Ya, it's an Intel processor. Sounds like AMD is the issue.

Hi,

I have CUCM 7.0-BE running absolutely fine on VM ware using an AMD processor. As the guys stated above check your resources are enough and run the media check.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: