Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM version 9.1.1-20000-5 change gateway for outbound calls

Hi,

I have configured a Communications Manager 9.1.1-20000-5 version with two different H323 gateway. I have configured these gateways in the route group with a Top Down as Distribution Algorithm; without any changes or problem the outbound calls bypass the first gateway and begin use the second gateway in the list for these calls.

For use the first gateway again I must delete the H323 gateway configured as first in the Route Group, I must create this gateway again with the same parameters, and I must assign it as first gateway in the Route Group.

Does anyone know how to fix it? Is the first time that this problem occur?

Thank you

Francesco

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Francesco,

You are running into the following

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtq10477

Route Group Members being skipped and reporting as device down

Symptom: Calls via H323/MGCP GW (non ICT Trunk case) failing with the following  error RouteListExhausted & Reason=41   In multi-node scenarios, race condition is causing RoutePlanManager to  learn trunk's status as down, while trunk is not actually down. This is because the SM could not reflect the registration status for the  trunk PID on the node  that was up and running This issue seems generic enough to happen with any other kind of  trunks/GW inside the RouteList  Conditions: The issue is triggered by a loss of connectivity of the MGCP gateway  over the WAN. After this, the due to either the gateways sending RSIP  (rm:graceful) or (rm:restart), they are down. But apart from this, the  internal data in the SM() process is not updated of the changes. Due to this, MGCP Endpoints in the primary route group are seens as  device down when trying to route calls. Gateway is registered and  inbound calls were working fine.   This issue can also occur by a CCM restart or the CCM server node going  down.  Workaround: Old: Reset the MGCP gateway from callmanager admin page. This no longer works in version 9.1.1.  New: Restart Cisco Call Manager service or reboot the server where the device is registered. Also, deleting and re-configuring the device can solve this.  More Info:.

Either call TAC to get the latest ES for 9.1.1 or upgrade to 9.1.2

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Francesco.

Did this problem occur in the past or you observed it just one time?

Did you try to only reset the gateway without reconfigure it?

Let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo,

the problem has been occured four/five times.

I have tried only reset the gateway, but the problem doesn't solving.

I have tried remove and add again the gateway in route group too, but the problem doesnìt solving again.

Regards

Francesco

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Francesco,

You are running into the following

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtq10477

Route Group Members being skipped and reporting as device down

Symptom: Calls via H323/MGCP GW (non ICT Trunk case) failing with the following  error RouteListExhausted & Reason=41   In multi-node scenarios, race condition is causing RoutePlanManager to  learn trunk's status as down, while trunk is not actually down. This is because the SM could not reflect the registration status for the  trunk PID on the node  that was up and running This issue seems generic enough to happen with any other kind of  trunks/GW inside the RouteList  Conditions: The issue is triggered by a loss of connectivity of the MGCP gateway  over the WAN. After this, the due to either the gateways sending RSIP  (rm:graceful) or (rm:restart), they are down. But apart from this, the  internal data in the SM() process is not updated of the changes. Due to this, MGCP Endpoints in the primary route group are seens as  device down when trying to route calls. Gateway is registered and  inbound calls were working fine.   This issue can also occur by a CCM restart or the CCM server node going  down.  Workaround: Old: Reset the MGCP gateway from callmanager admin page. This no longer works in version 9.1.1.  New: Restart Cisco Call Manager service or reboot the server where the device is registered. Also, deleting and re-configuring the device can solve this.  More Info:.

Either call TAC to get the latest ES for 9.1.1 or upgrade to 9.1.2

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

thank you for this information; I' ll upgrade the system to the 9.1.2-10000-28 version.

Thank you for your assistance

Regards

Francesco