Views
Helpful
Replies

CM4.0 significant digits from MGCP

minghui.qi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

my NM-HDV2 module has E1 service, it's MGCP gateways controlled by CM 4.0. Debug idsn q931 shows that external incoming calls have called number of 924003xx, and the significant digit in CM is set to 4, and I have translation pattern to translate 03xx to 13xx which is extension number range. this works all fine. But from my understanding, if i change the significant digit to other nmbers, i just need to have the right translation pattern to match it, but it doesn't work - I changed significant digit to 8 and have translation pattern as 924003xx -> 03xx, when i delete the old 03xx pattern, calls are not getting in. I have now set siginificant digti to 8 and just having 03xx translation pattern, it still works fine. I thought siginficant digit controls what is collected from gateway, so what i am doing wrong? thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

from my experience, when you make a change such as this, ie chanign the significant digits, you need to stop and start mgcp again!

Try this and see if it works

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

well do you have any device with 03XX DN? Seems that you should be translating it to 13XX.

Chris

hi, sorry that was a typo, I did have translation pattern 924003XX->13XX, i got no extension like 03XX.

minghui.qi
Level 1
Level 1

just to add some more info, now, I set the significant digit to 8, and I still just keep the old 03XX->13XX pattern, and I don't have any translation patter with 8 digits, call still getting throught properly?!?! so where is it tranlated?

Did you reset the GW after making the change?

Are you sure telco is sending you 8 digits? Perhaps they only send 4 that's why it only matches the last 4.

I am assuming you have 6608-T1 or E1 blade, so I would look into the CM trace logs to see how many digits are collected. Your other tracing alternative would be DickTracy tool.

HTH,

Chris

thanks for your reply, I am sure I did reset the gateway. but it didn't make any difference, no matter i set the significant digit to 8 or 4 or 3, as long as the 03xx->13xx pattern is there, call will get through.

the gateway is a 3725 with E1 modules.

the debug isdn q931 shows the incoming called number is 924003xx, so i think this is what CM will receive.

I haven't tried tracing yet, I will and see if i can see anything.

thanks a lot

from my experience, when you make a change such as this, ie chanign the significant digits, you need to stop and start mgcp again!

Try this and see if it works

Please rate all useful posts

Hi aokanlawon,

thanks for your advice, it was exactly what you suggested, after changing sigificant digit in CM, i only clicked reset gateway button, looks like it doesn't work. then I did no mgcp and then mgcp on gateway, the change actually took effect.

thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: